Hand Held fish finder

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by rmoberly, Sep 6, 2009.

1. rmoberly

rmoberly New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, O
    Ordered a Norcross Hawkeye hand held fish finder with 35 ft throw line. Hopefully the water temp will be a bit cooler when it arrives and we can try it out in a few places. Will advise how it works.

It had better reviews than other brands in the price range.
    I believe this is the one that used to be made by Zebco.

2. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    please do i have been thinking about getting one,thanks

3. rmoberly

rmoberly New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, O
    Will for sure post when I get a chance to test it after it arrives. Wife is even anxious for it to come in. By the way, $49 online Walmart. Reviews were better than most that cost more.

So, again, we shall see how it performs.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Keep us informed as this is something I would like to know the answers too also.

5. rmoberly

rmoberly New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, O
    Will do Catman. Just checked the shipping and it is between Bentonville, Arkansas and Bartlesville. Scheduled delivery is Tuesday, Sept 22. Not sure why it would take that long as I can make the trip in about 2 1/2 hours. LOL. oh well. I know it has to go through regular delivery stops to get here. Just anxious to try it out. Am hoping it arrives today or tomorrow so we can try it out this weekend. Will advise.

6. rmoberly

rmoberly New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, O
    Hot Dog...Just got an email. The fish finder is in. going to Wally World over lunch time. Can't wait to try it out. Will keep y'all advised.

7. rmoberly

rmoberly New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, O
    Got a chance to throw the transponder in a local pond. Gave us good depth and small structure identification. Took it to a nearby lake and tossed it from the dock. Gave good depth readings as well as some weed and structure identification. Actually identified a fish at 3' in 6' of water.

Can't verify any of this but it looks pretty accurate. Will continue using it, testing it and report in this thread.

NOTE: if you are looking for something that shows you detail of the underwater world, this isn't for you. It simply shows depth, bottom structure and fish. The nice thing is it can be used from the shore, off a dock, or in a boat.

8. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    Richard thanks for up date,did it say anything about if it would work in a river with current? thank you for info