Hammer week

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Paraguayguy, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    March year in and year out has been my best month for Blue Cats. Throw in the shad and stripers and I really think, there is no better place on the planet to fish than our James River in late March. I have fished four half days this week and the big fish are biting. A good twenty fish over 30 pounds this week. Today was the best. Two doubles and one nice fish 52 pounds. Notice beautiful warm morning, front rolled in at noon, sky clouded over and the wind kicked up pretty strong. I would have bet the fishing was going to be screwed by the rapid change. What changed is they commenced to biting even harder. Hickory Shad have been OK in the mornings. In another week it will be insane. I still haven't caught a striper but know I will before Sunday. I am fishing again tomorrow. Dutch Gap is Hot!:roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

2. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Thanks for the report Kenneth glad to see you tearing them up

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Awesome Kenneth!

4. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    from this message board. I remember last year I was new to the board and people were posting monsters all the time. That hooked me to the fishing. Then the spawn and heat of summer not to mention the crabs hit "nothing" till November. I say the next month will be totally fish on..catch the VA record blue. It's going to happen soon, they are only getting bigger.:crazy:

5. HookLineSinker

HookLineSinker New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the post Kenneth. Great week.

6. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Wow! Those are some nice fish! Congrats! It's kinda funny but I've been telling my warm weather friends that they need to be on the river right now. You can almost feel the energy from the water...it's about to explode! This is a great time of year...something that I really look forward to in the dead of winter.

Congrats again.

7. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    SOUNDS LIKE ,THE OHIO GUYS SHOULD HAVE WAITED A LITTLE WHILE. GOOD JOB BROTHER. WE ALL KNOW YOU LIKE THOSE BIG BLUE CATS!

8. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    good job kenneth!! you have flat been tearing up the fish.

9. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Believe you me this ohio guy would still be down there if my starter wasn't going out on the boat.The lower james is a big river and I did not want to get my daughter and my furture son inlaw stuck miles up or down river.