hamburger balls

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by mwhham, Aug 26, 2006.

1. mwhham

mwhham New Member

State:
    kentucky
    went to a cookout at a lake today and some guys was catching catfish on hambuger does any one know how to make up a batch they had some nice fish

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Heck if I know LOL I always eatem all befor i get a chance to usem

3. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Yes sir i do know how to make some. The way i do it is: 1lb hamburger, 1 jar of crushed garlic,any stinking cheese that they have at the store (most like limburger cheese) and mashed potatoe flakes, mix hamburg,garlic,cheese in big bowl untill all is mixed well, doing this by hand, then use to potatoe flakes to dry up until you can make a ball to put on hook. when you toss it out in the water you will know if its still to wet or not if it stays on you got it,,,,, You can,t wing it like you do live bait. but it will still get out there.... Good luck

4. mwhham

mwhham New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i made some looks a little dry might not stay on hook good . going tonight after wife gets off work will give it a try
    thank for info

5. Team StrayCats

State:
    florida
    If its to dry it wont stay on hook try putting some cooking oil in it to loosen it up some. But not much oil, to much and you will have to add flakes. After you make it a couple of times you will know how much of everything to put in . And allways take extra flakes with you just in case. Good Luck

6. Team StrayCats

State:
    florida
    For got to tell you , you have to keep it cold and on ice all the time your fishing. Good luck