Ham or Turkey for Christmas

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by calogan, Dec 23, 2009.

Ham or Turkey?

1. Ham

2. Turkey

3. Other

4. With the in-laws around, I drink my dinner....

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What is the usual main dish for everyone at Christmas? Seems like the favorites are ham or turkey, but do you eat something else?

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Gonna be brisket at the kids house Christmas eve. Then Pheasant for me and mama Christmas day.

3. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    We're going to my wifes parents, were bringing a ham and they're doing some turkey.

4. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    We have both...Ham and Turkey, along with the drinks of course!! :wink::smile2::smile2:

Though i wouldnt mind cookin up some MONSTER deer steaks one year for christmas.:smile2:

5. Smokin

Smokin New Member

State:
    Ca
    I am roasting a prime rib roast.picked up a 6 pounder.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I usually brine and hickory smoke a turkey,This year my boss gave me a fresh 20 lb ham so I will do the ham instead.

7. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    I normally cook a sweet ham for Christmas, but this year since my husband and I both got turkeys from our employers, we will probably do a turkey or deer of some form.

8. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    bar-b-que & brunswick stew.got the fresh ham for the bbq smokin' now & 2 boston butts an awhole chicken smokin' for the brunswick stew as well.too much turkey & ham at t-giving.:wink:

9. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    With all the mouths that come by here, I better do both or lock my dogs up:smile2::smile2::smile2: Stay safe and Merry Christmas to all!!!

10. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Doing both this year,I bought a spiral cut honey baked ham.I am smoking a turkey breast and a couple of salmon fillets.

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    We have both...Ham and Turkey

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Me I got my fill of turkey and ham at thanksgiving so for Christmas I'd just as soon have some good ole Country Fried Chicken . Nothing better.

13. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    The last couple years, I've taken over the duty of Christmas dinner. Deep frying a turkey has been a big hit at my house over doing the turkey in the oven. It gives my wife a break and we both enjoy the turkey this way.

14. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I am grilling a prime rib of beef for Christmas dinner.

15. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    We have both ham and prime rib for Christmas.

16. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Fried Turkey AND Ham.... I don't think you can have one without the other around here.....:eek:oooh:

17. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I didn’t get enough fried turkey on thanksgiving. Cooked it with my normal Cajun ejection I use but I added a stick of melted butter to my mix. Made it much better.
    I use Adams Cajun seasoning; add a little Tabasco sauce, Whoshire, garlic m black pepper and water with a stick of real butter. Heat up mix, and eject the turkey full of it then shake Cajun all over outside and inside of bird. Deep fry. Dang thing is good.
    Same thing for Christmas. Plus a big ham cooking over pecan wood. I actually wanted to smoke the bird this time but everyone said no way, my fried bird is much better. LOL
    All the trimmings . everyone will bring something. We having 12 to 15 people and probably a few others will come by later to watch football.
    I’m so dang hungry for tomorrow I want to cook it now.

18. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    We are having both!!

19. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Fried turkey for us. I love to fry turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I cooked 8 for Thanksgiving and will do a couple for Christmas. I may even smoke a few (turkeys) for my neighbors.