Halloween night fishing report

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TennesseeJugger, Nov 1, 2009.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Put in a Davis Corner on Old Hickory last night, went about two miles towards the main channel and set out 40 jugs and rod & reel fished. Was catching good cats early, but after about 11pm they just stopped. Did not catch anything on rod & reel but caught a 15 pound blue, 12 pound channel, 6 pound channel a couple of 5 pounders and one 3 pounder all on jugs with skipjack. We actually witnessed one jug go under and never come back up, we looked every where for that jug even to the other side of the lake with no results. I think that a big cat took it under and got it snagged on some under water cover( stump, log). My fishing partner thinks jaws took it...LOL. We decided to leave around 1am due to the fog getting thick, so we started to head back to the boat launch. It took us almost an hour to get back due to the fog, I could not see a thing. I had to turn all the light off just so I could see the shore line. My partner was getting a little nervous but I assured him that with all my military training that he was in good hands. And so about an hour later we came to the boat launch. He took a big breath and said that he thought that we were going to have to sleep on the lake......

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Don thanks for sharing your interesting fishing trip with us. The fog can get alarming at times, especially when it moves in all of a sudden. Glad you didn't have to spend the night in the boat. Congrats on the fish you caught.

3. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    what a great catch, sounds like a pot of etouffee to me.I have a great recipe for that if you are interested, my mouth watering already.Good job and thinks again for the great reports.:roll_eyes:

4. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    I enjoyed the story.Congrats on the good catch..Do you run with a gps on your boat.I normally go out with my tracking the trip I took out so I can always follow it back in.Just hoping there is no one sitting in my path...lol:smile2:

5. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Nice catch and story!! Thanks for sharing. I would like to be able to go out for a night fishing trip here but the water is too high at the moment.

6. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    aw you wimpy SF guys lol:wink:

7. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    No I do not have one of those, I just went by my compass and shore line. The old fashion way.

8. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Hey I made it back with just a compass and shore line the old fashion way...LOL

9. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    I would never been able to done it with a compass.I would have to run slow as a turtle trying to read compass and drive.I started out with a handheld cheap gps then started working my way up from there.Now I got the humingbird Side Scan.Just got to get all my waypoints transfered over from one unit to the other.