Halloween day on Lak Tillery

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishrus, Oct 31, 2006.

1. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    dad and i decided to do a little trick or treating with the catfish this morning at tillery. didnt knock on many doors today but hit a decent one first. first fish of the day was 20 flat. thats a first for me on tillery. we stayed put for several hours on the hole. when we decided to move we had 2 blues,1 flat,1 channel and 1 white cat. moved up river and i picked up another 15lb blues and missed another. then we decided to drift for a while and dad picked up a 15lb blue and a channel. fish seemed to like live bait better today. we got 25-30 big shad in the cove this morning and lucky we decided to put a few in the livewell so we had a few live ones for the day. we ended the day with 1 flat 4 blues, 2 channels, and 1 white cat. TIP- NEVER LEAVE THE LIVEWELL LID OPEN, THERE IS WATER IN THERE AND ITS HARD TO WALK ON! here pictures of some fish. dads doing alot better than last time.:lol:

Attached Files:

2. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I was wondering if tillery was back up, you seem to fish some of the same waters as me ,and also i have a question , have you ever fished the stretch between tillery and badin no one ever talks about it much .

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yes i fish that too. its refered to as falls dam. nice little lake. theres some good blues/flathead action in there. tomahawk and i had a couple good morning down there this year. mostly smaller blues compared to badin and tillery but there is some nice one in there. bait is hard to come by in that lake. best take it with you. good lake to learn from and its small enough that you shouldnt have trouble locating fish.

4. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Thanks, it being smaller was what i was thinking might make it a little easier for me to find some fish i get to overwhelmed and impatient with badin and tuckertown sometimes. I just wasnt sure if there was even any catfish in that part of the river.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    dont give up on tillery. they having a tourney in feb. at tillery. its paying an extra 500.00 for big fish and 500.00 for most weigh. gonna be a good one. the boc needs to win it.

6. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    thanks for all the help i got your message , this saturday evening me and a buddy are going to fish lake allman in sevenlakes around beacon ridge golf course its not to big they seem a little easeir to catch in there ,if we can get in again its a gated community.The fish might not be as big but i have caught a couple of 15 to 20lbs in there on cut blue gill.

7. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Hey Michael, I sent you a PM before i read your report. I may try Tillery on Sat. but I might go striper fishing too. I tlaked to a guy that caught some on Badin and i know I coulc go to Norman and limit out, ther just not that big. A 8 lb. striper up there is really good. Oh, the decisions to make. I'm going somewhere Sat. later!

8. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Man I'm glad you had a god day... I went to Badin and only caught bait, been a lot of that lately. I sit on fish all over and nothing gives for 3 weeks now:( Any advice?

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    catrod 3 of the blues we caught was on slip corks and we had out mostly bottom rigs that wherent getting any bites. dad got the one drifting with the floated leader. you can see it on his channel cat picture. the only fish that really came off the bottom was the flat. so the fish wherent feeding really off the bottom. badin has been tuff for the blues this summer for about everyone, so thats why i went to tillery. i dont think the blues have moved up river yet either. we was fishing mostly around the bridge but we road down to the lower dam before coming and i marked alot of fish down river but didnt have any bait by then.

10. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Good to hear the fish are biting. Thats not a bad day at all. I wish I had the waters to fish up hear like you do. It must be nice!!!!! I hope to be down there over thanksgiving holidays, if everything goes like it should.

11. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice looking flattie Michael.thx for pictures.

12. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    nice job at least you didnt get skunked thats the key to fishing :lol: "NOT TO GET SKUNKED!!!!"