Hall of Fame???

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Fishking, May 7, 2008.

1. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
  2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Wow this is a bold new thread but I thought the same thing when I saw it.

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Well, if we're going to question, I question Brandons 3rd place blucat. I know he can cast a mile, but I find it hard to believe he can cast from downtown Kansas City all the way into the Mississippi River.:wink:

4. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    I have to take everyones word on who's, who and how big, because I'm new here.

What I picked up on is, all but 2 of those fish were caught on shad and the other 2 were baits common to the waters fished (skips and carp). Fresh local bait can't be beat.

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I hear what you are saying Kutter, plus I think Eric caught it.:smile2:

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Well, we all know Eric is the fisherman in the family. I guess he lets Brandon hang around cause somebody had to drive him to the water, an Eric still has a few years before he can drive. :wink:

7. Steveng79

Steveng79 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Its hard to tell. If earl is 6'10'' it could be correct. The fish in my avatar was 46lbs. I have caught a 55 and it looked alot larger. But who knows really?

8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    So, now we're becoming experts at measuring fish in photos? How big is it's belly? How long is it, hard for me to tell. I caught a 40 lber and it looks bigger to me. How does one not take offense to someone questioning his word? Kind of impossible if you ask me. Kind of the same as saying, "no offense, but you're a liar!" LOL, Right! Especially on a public forum.

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    ahh the fish looks small. But who really knows. All you can go by is what the scale says. Some people pay good money for a decent scale others have a cheap spring scale that they leave in the boat to rust. Oh well....

10. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Hey Tom, That is the Kansas City skyline in the background of that pic. I know exactly when and where that fish was caught, and it wasn't in the cuz craft or in St louis

11. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    O.k. but did Eric catch it?....come on now you can tell us.:wink:

12. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Hey Ryan he ran from the question...........LOL

I'm starting to think young Eric done fished his old man out the boat again:wink::smile2:

13. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    unfrotunatly for Eric I don't think He made that trip. but if He did He probibly would have caught it.

14. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I guess the ole man gets to catch one every once in a while, even if Erics' was two lbs bigger.:wink:

15. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    LOL every dawg has its day i suppose. Just a lil FYI Andrews 77 and Brandens 70 came out of the same area only about 100 yards apart.

16. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Hey Brad, if you read what Brandon wrote, he listed the Mississippi River as where he caught it.:wink:
    He also said he was under the KC skyline. I can only surmise that he can really, really cast.

Beside, I aint passing up a chance to make any westy choke on their own words. LOL

17. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
  18. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I guess I did put Miss for the river, but I put MO in the story. Must have submitted it after Cuzfest and had the Miss. on the brain:smile2:

Kutter, I had a photographer in the boat with me when we caught that one and Shani's 55 - I don't think Eric was on that trip, but he was on the trip the week before when we found the spot and the flathead that I've got in the HOF:smile2: I might help myself to the kid's Halloween candy, but I wouldn't take credit for their fish:wink:

Brad, thanks for keeping these guys honest, I miss a couple of days and come back and find these Eastern types soiling my good name........:crazy:

19. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I heard that Brandon was fishing in KC, but was practicing his "bait walking" when that big one struck down by St Louis. Took him 4 days to reel it in. :wink:

20. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    We knew that you would be back, and like Kutter said we never miss a chance to poke fun of our westy brothers.:smile2: