Hairs on your chest.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Oct 27, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How many hairs you got on your chest? I attribute that comment not to masculinity but to "honesty". Femininity has nothing to do with it. Not that females aren't honest, they look at it a whole different way. That is a whole 'nother book. I am talking about men here, "Good ol Boys", the show runners, the bosses, the apple peelers, the ones who separate the cores from the meat, the originators, the "first ones", the checkbook signers. How many have you known, the ones who write your paychecks, who give you the job, who determine when you are fired, who gives you your next meal. You are here today and gone tomorrow and the apple peelers go about their business, because they can. How many of those folk have you met in your live?

Like W. Rogers said:

"The fellow that can only see a week ahead is always the popular fellow, for he is looking with the crowd. But the one that can see years ahead, he had the telescope but he can't make anyone believe that he has it."

I wonder when the honest people will stand up or the dishonest ones will show themselves. John.

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hello Barb, thanks for checking in. John.

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Beatlebailey, I think you forgot to take yer meds this morning.

I read and re-read that post several times, got lost each one. Course, it could be due to me being brain dead this week, but, thinking you are off your meds is better for me!

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Lad, I like ya a lot. You a good man. That message was meant to some people that will be poking at me before too long. The wheel grinds slowly but it grinds exceedingly well. Do not get under the wheel unless you give a sh$$ and I don't.

5. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I have to say I was lost also.:sad2:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    My old man. Drunk every nite before 7pm and off to work the next day at o dark thirty. Workin was how ya got what ya wanted and where ya needed to be. No frills. One of his many pearls of wisdom that I remember as clear as a bell. "If ya want sympathy, its in the dictionary between sh$$ and syphillis"

7. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm with Tony on this one.
    Do we have a Pharmacist in the house and can you deliver?
    :tounge_out::smile2::smile2:

8. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

Simple answer....Too many to list!!

I think you only know ONE though:wink:

9. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hey John,

I hope whoever you think is getting ready to toss you under the wheel is ready to get tromped by the whole BOC and all it's staff. I can tell you that you are one of the most popular and loved members here. Because I have gotten a ton of PM's saying so. So if you need help, you just let one of us know and we'll kick some butt for you if necessary. LOL

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I just heard that last night, watching my second favorite comedy movie, "Major Payne".

11. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    :waaaht: John, one word for you Prozac. :roll_eyes: :smile2: It should calm you. If not ask for Xanax. :baffle: :0a30:.

But if I was your Doc I would prescribe you a mess of Catfishing. It relaxes the mind. :006:
    :smile2::smile2::tounge_out:

12. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    John...

In my working career I've been the Louisville Slugger...and at other times...the ball.

Although never the man actually writing the paychecks for the man who writes the paychecks...which...means I still work for the snake eaters.

And I sure didn't feel any better about it...or become so smug that I didn't understand that I too was a dispensable part of the organization...just as anybody else that was under me or above me was.

I'd love to be my own man...and its painfully obvious to me that the biggest thing holding me back is myself.

I've got a family to feed...and that is my rationale for continuing the vicious cycle of disappointments of longtime dreams not being realized...but my kids demand my undivided support...even if it means I might have to sacrifice what I had in mind before all this.

To take a chance on whether I'd make it or not running my own business...means to take a chance on my childrens well being...as I have one daughter that has a serious medical condition.

Therefore I can't justify giving up the security of what my weekly paycheck offers...good $$...benefits...and a retirement fund.

Although it pains me to make a living at something other than what I'd rather be doing....something I LOVE to do...because I know I am capable of so much more than what I have demonstrated thus far....but the timing is not right...hell...it may never be. (Although I can still hope that it's still going to be possible one fine day)

Instead I immerse myself into my family and my hobbies during my free time...trying to salvage what leftover bits and pieces of joy that I can manage to scratch up.

I don't attempt to climb the corporate ladder anymore...not because of lack of ambition...but rather because I know that the end result is going to be my need to make concessions that I'm not willing to make...been there...done that.

Nobody owns me...I merely lease myself to them...I have to see it in this light in order to be able to look at myself in the mirror everyday and not be repulsed when I look into my own eyes.

The biggest life lesson I have learned is that life can sometimes be very hard...complicated...difficult.(insert your own custom term)

Bad things and things you did not plan for WILL happen to you along the way....but they do they happen for a reason...whatever that may be sometimes is difficult to ascertain...but hey...the bottom line is that you play the cards you're dealt right?

IMO the best way to deal with these things is to follow this simple formula.....

Disasters should be treated as trivalities...but trivalities should never be treated as disasters.

Not sure if this is what you had in mind for a response...but it's what you got.

By the way...I have enough chest hair that I do in fact consciously stand at least three feet away from the campfire. :wink:

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    John, I never counted them and I am standing up while typing this. :big_smile:

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I gotta question Johns mental stabiliy and med level at times but that does not make him bad people.I can guarentee he will have a interesting piont to make weather we ask him or not........................YEP GOTTA KEEP HIM AROUND:wink:

15. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    John all the "real men" , "honest men", I've met in my life have not been the bosses or the one's signing the checks. All the supervisors/bosses I've had beyond the military; were lying, stealing, butt kissing, self serving SOB's. And moving up in that enviornment, required you to be the same. I suspect it's always been that way. The heck of it is, they seemed to sleep ok, and most of them felt they had "earned" their position. If the meek and righteous are going to inherit anything, it's beyond this life....
    :sad2:

16. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    John, Sometimes you are the bug sometimes you are the windshield.

17. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    I'm not sure if i understoodf this threads meaning completely , but i can tell you i guess i am a indian instead of a chief .
    some people can lead better than others and those that do are usually
    able to have good followers .
    sometimes with the title of leader comes way more responsibility than some
    could imagine . its easier to be a follower sometimes and your hair dont get gray as fast that way.
    i'll say one thing about ol beetlejuice he will make ya read his posts more than once thats for sure. i think its more for onoryness than medicinal deficiancies:big_smile:

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Sounds to me like your medical plan won't cover your meds because, someone without hair on their chest screwed up the paper work. SO you came in here to tell us you got fired because you went off one someone because of the lack of medication, LOL!!!

Does that about sum it up??? LOL!!!

19. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    John,
    I have to tell you Beetle Brother, I have read this post and All the reply,s several times and I still have no idea what you were saying, but I know it's not from lack of medication, on your part, you probably have more on the ball then half the people on this forum, me for sure. I am not going to judge you because I think you have something in store for the ones that do. all I am going to say I enjoy reading your posts keep them coming, and I will leave it at that.

20. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Well this is a fishing outfit....& we done took the bait. I think John is just chumming. LOL.