hair rig

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by trackerpro17, May 17, 2009.

1. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc
    Fished everyday last week about 8 hours a day with not one fish. They would bump it every now and again but would not run with it. I think I will try the hair rig. I have never used a hair rig. When you tie it how long do you make the leader and if you don't have a bait needle how do you go about putting the bait on.

God bless

2. MattyGfishing

MattyGfishing New Member

State:
    Hawaii
    The length of it depends on how big of a bait and hook you're using, but to get the bait on the hair without a baiting needle, all you need to do is straighten a long shank, thin wire hook. Hope this helps.

3. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc
    What i should have said is how long of leader from the hook to the weight.
    The way I fish now I put on a weight a 3 way and 2 hooks the leaders are 3" long then I pack the bait around the weight. Can I fish a hair rig the same way.
    And thanks for the info on how to bait the hair rig with out a needle.

4. Bigfish18

Bigfish18 Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Put a 5 oz. about 6 in. from the hook and make sure it wont move. Youll have a hair and bolt rig. Make sure you have your rod anchored good.:wink:

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

TRACY.Ive got some very easy diagrams of hair rigs.I,ll scan them and put them in thumbnails in my next post.I used to use them more than I do now.My wifes gotta go in the hospital tommorow,so I,ll get them to you as soon as I possibly can,sorry for the delay.Thanks:big_smile:

6. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Pat, Hope everything goes fine for your wife at the hospital tomorrow.

7. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc
    Thanks pat.
    I hope your wife is ok.

God Bless.