haha!

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by rcbbracing, Apr 30, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Got a story to share...you may not appreciate it since ya werent there...i was out at our small 1/4 acre bass pond fishing with my lil bros last night. We were tearing up BIG GILLS and BASS on bass minnows...moral of the story is...dont leave your ultralight on the bank with the bail closed when you go for a sweatshirt....I took a 100ft dash to run after this pole when a 5lb bass hit it...I slid across the ground ruining the new jeans thus angering my wife to catch his rod...Good time on an ultra light but he almost lost his lil pole lol....he is 12 and hope he finally learned his lesson cuz i am tired of this alwasy happening. No upside other than a neat story....Like the 3rd time its happened this spring lol!

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    :smile2: good story david.. good thing it wasnt a 5 lb channel, that sucker coulda be gone.. i gues with it being such a small pond, it wouldnt have been too hard to eventually retrieve it..

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I had that happen last week... i was useing a bobber at a depth of about 2ft with a live gill and a channe; took it and ran... I made just in time and landed the channel but he was determend to make me pay for it

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Consider buying some bank rod holders. Would soon pay for themselves.:wink:

5. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ive got rod holders lol actually so does he but you dont think about stuff like that when you are 100yds from your back door lol