Hagan Stone

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by MichelleK, Oct 19, 2007.

1. MichelleK

MichelleK New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone here has gone fishing at the Lake at Hagan Stone park. That's where I usually go to fish and I haven't really caught anything there but one catfish. I've tried worms, shrimp, stink bait, and fake shad and have had no luck. So if anyone on here that has fished there or might know what I'm doing wrong I'd really appreciate some advice. Thanks!

2. killentime99

killentime99 New Member

State:
    north carolina

3. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC. From Missouri.

4. MichelleK

MichelleK New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks everyone! It's great to find a forum with people who love catfishing!

5. stinkbaitguy

stinkbaitguy New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Hay Michele,where is that lake at?

6. MichelleK

MichelleK New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It's in guilford county near pleasant garden and where they had that pga tour stop a couple months ago if that helps.

7. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Hi Michelle, Welcome to the BOC. I go there a bit with the kids. I haven't been there too much this year as I've been playing with the new Jon Boat down on Jordan Lake. My experience has mainly been timing, not bait selection, is the deciding factor. Mornings and evenings in the late Spring seem to have produced better for me. Usually right about now I think that the fishing pressure has taken it's toll on those fish and the fishing will continue to be tough until next March. You can still catch fish there though, I used to just stay until the rangers rode around with their PA system, "The park is now closed". Then I would just take my time packing up, with rods still in the water, of course:wink:. The largest Channel cat that I've caught out of there came on just such an occaision, just about dark with a ranger telling me that the park was closed as I was battling this faily large fish (for Hagan Stone). Now that I think of it. It's the fish I'm holding in my avatar.

Where do you usually fish in there?

Jon

8. MichelleK

MichelleK New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the advice at least now I don't feel like I'm making a mistake somewhere. That's a pretty nice size catfish. The only time I've ever got a fish there was when I was reeling in my bait and right before I was about to pull it up thats when he bit. Talk about catching me off guard lol. I broke my bobber in the process of trying to get him off the hook. I usually go to the left side of the lake right across from that picnic shelter. I've tried where the ducks are and down by the pier and I've all got there is nothing. Just my bait stolen by some brim or turtles. Yet this one lady that was next to me fishing was catching them left and right she even let me borrow some of her stink bait. She must have had the midas touch cause I wasn't even getting a nibble! lol. I've been wanting to go to Salem Lake and try my luck since you can rent fishing boats there but I haven't had the time. Plus I want to get my Ugly stik fixed so I can use that instead of deep sea pole. Ethier the baitcaster on the ugly stik is broke or I just have no clue how to operate one. Anyway I guess I'll leave hagan stone alone for now until spring. Thank you again!