Had to share a story I'd forgotten about.

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by bigkane, Jul 10, 2009.

1. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Funny thing that happened to me one night. My cousin and I were fishing a local lake one night with liver. I was tight lined with a tree branch as a rod holder. In a split second it happened rod shot over the stick into the water. We took our lantern and held it over the water and there was my pole and reel a foot into the water. Reached down to grab it and away she went. 45 minutes later cousin caught what he thought was a turtle(cause it wasn't fighting). It was my rod and reel that I'd lost. Unfortunately the fish wasn't at the end of the line anymore.:smile2: That'll never happen again.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    jeremy welcome tp the BOC ,great info an a lot of great people on here to boot :cool2:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeremy Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I love reading stories with great endings.Enjoyed reading yours.

4. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Had that same damn thing happen to me only I was fishing off of a dock at taylorsville lake. had my pole hooked around one of the tie downs on the edge of a dock... big cat musta grabbed hold of my bait and off went my pole. wasnt lucky enough to catch it agin like you though. :smile2: