had to settle

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by massa_jorge, Dec 1, 2007.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    went out again for a mulie buck today, hunted hard til about 2:00. we came out on a hilltop for a b.s. session before heading for the house, and there 30 yards below us two spike mulies stand up. season is over on mule deer tomorrow, and i have to work. my one buddy says on the count of three and we dropped em both. a spike wasn't what i had hoped for, but i am glad to have another deer in the freezer for my family! i was hoping for a challenging shot and a good buck, but i am just as happy with a little 100 pound deer. just figured i'd share with yall...

2. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    shooot there aint noth'n wrong with that . that's how i do it here hold out as long as i can ,then when it's the last day or 2 anything legal gets dropped.
    congrats to ya on yr harvest.

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hey, sometimes that's what it comes down to. You tried to hold out but if the season runs out on you just fill your tag! That will be some great eating for the family..Congrats!!

4. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    how many is that jordan you should be set up for the winter,bro

5. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Settleing for some fresh backstrap ain't all bad. Congrats.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have always taken the first legal deer I see,till this year ,and I saw a fair number of nice bucks ,just happened to be in the right place /right time. That spike will eat great.Thanks for the story ,Jordan.

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You don't get trophies every year, sometimes you have to take what you get the chance for. The main thing is the meat, the trophie is a bonus. That spike will be more tender than the horns anyway, LOL.

Good job on the double, that doesn't happen often, and will be just as memorable.

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hey richard that's only two so far, but we have another month on whitetail. heck my dogs didn't seem to mind, i have two rottweilers and a german shorthair that cleaned all the bones and vitals before the sun came up today. everyone's happy.
    we grilled the straps, then put them on toasted french bead with parmesan and a little olive oil, and lettuce, tomatoes, red onions and ranch dressing. someone needs to come up with a breed of deer that is all backstrap, haha.

9. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Every time I read posts like yours, I gain weight!!!!!!!!!!! Got about two pounds off of yoursLMAO! Sounds good though, gonna have to try that one.

Thanks