Had to quit fishing,

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Deltalover, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    because we ran out of places to put fish, filled every icechest! Bert, his brotherinlaw Bobby, and myself met up in Lodi and we knocked them dead! We fished from about 7am to 4pm and probably caught 50 fish, between us! As always, the bite was on through much of the day. The fish seem to bite throughout this stretch of water, though there is one area where just outside of a pump (intake) that they seem to bite one after another. We are thinking that the water flow over that spot, over time has dug out a depression that the cats lie in wait for what ever comes along in the current caused by the pump. It seems the larger cats (8+lb) where caught a little further from the pump and , but still in the vicinty, while the smaller two to five pound cats were caught closer to the pump, one after another!
    It was a beautiful northern Calif day in the delta. The tempiture was forcast to be 90 degrees, but with the nice delta breeze (understatement), it was just about perfect, seeing as how there is pretty much no shade!
    Fishing in a strong wind is a little tricky! You need to keep your rod really low, (in your hands is best) a bell is a must if your using a rod holder. All our fish were caught on "Wicked Sticky" and "G.S." dip bait, from our own sponsorCatfish Connection! With the wind and current, we would freshen our dip worm every 10 minutes or so, mostly because we had caught a fish in that time!:big_smile: Most of the fish were caught by Bobby and it kept both Bert and I busy on the net! Bert caught his fair share too. I did'nt catch that many, but the ones I did were "Hogs". My freezer is full of fish. It will be c&r for awhile, for me! Basicly it was another great day on the river with good friends! It don't get better then that!

Attached Files:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish yall got there, congrats on the catches.

3. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    A few more pics!

Attached Files:

4. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Great day guys, I hear the dinner bell a rining. :big_smile:

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Phillip, Very nice catch!! Bank fish can produce fish!:big_smile: Thanks for sharing.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats a problem I wish I had,I'm having problems catching anything other than bait now.Great pics,thanks for sharing!!!

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Way to go Phillip!!! I came home at lunch time and mowed the grass thought I might try and fish for a while tonight and the misses woulden't mind if the chores were done. Now after reading your post watch out water here I come.HERE KITTY KITTY KITTY. Bigcatman0816.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Calaforny here I come! Great shots Phil.

9. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Hey Phillip looks like you and your buddys had a great day of fishing.
    The pics turned out great looks like Channel cat sin the pics.
    I fish Lake Wylie here in North Carolina the Channel here are not biting well.
    My wife and I went to the lake last night we caught about 10 fish on shad.
    They weighed around 2lb each.Thanks for sharing.

:0a31: :big_smile_2:

:cat:

10. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gosh a mighty Phil... I sure feel sorry for ya... What ever you do, don't wish those kinds of troubles off on the rest of us..:lol: Good Job...:smile2:

11. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    fish fry!!!! im on my way:big_smile:

12. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Man Phil looks like you guys had a great day sure wished I could of made it. What are your plans tomorrow?

13. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    What time did you say supper was going to be ready ?? lol
    Nice mess of fish Delta.
    Thanks for sharing the pics.

14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Phil,
    I knew that you would "tell it like it is"! Your good at that. :big_smile:

But we did a good time out there - and it won't be the last. :wink:

Like you said - we may have to do some C & R. for a while (lol).
    :0a23:

Until we do it again,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

15. I just recently moved to the LA area and I sure wouldnt mind knowing wha area that is. I have been itching to sink a few worms and I havent been able to find anyone who knows about catfishing except right here. Just as long as the place isnt too far away I wouldnt mind trying it out.

16. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Nice fishin guys. Sounds like a good spot and a good day!

17. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Congrats bro's, makes me a little envious.

18. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Good gravy Phil, ya'll tore em up out there today buddy, way ta go. Now for some fine eatin.

19. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Thats a darn good day of fishin nice honey hole you have Phil..

20. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    It's a great fishin hole! The credit for that goes to Bert and Bobby for being so kind as to share it with me! Those guys are some hardcore fisherman and the best company you could ask for!