Had good practice for National...caught fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by FishMan, Sep 10, 2006.

1. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well I camped at the marina and we caught a few fish. Have about 10 pounds of fillets.
    Pete The local campground did close after labor Day But Wally at the marina has installed electric and water hook up in the parking lot that overlooks the boat slips. There is no dump station but there are bathrooms and he is open all year, at the end of the lot there is enough grass and some hook up for 4 to 6 tent campers also. Parking lot is level.
    I wish I had Internet there but not. Cell phone does work there.
    I am trying to find campgrounds with Internet service so anybody that finds one let me know please.
    Had a good weekend and got great practice for the national gathering, I'll be there Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thanks Danny that is good to know. As theres some people up that way that may have to camp there with us one day..:big_smile:
    Pete

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    sounds like a good deal. As I am the worst cat fisherman in the state I can't tell you why but it is for sure that this area has many big fish caught during all of the cooler months.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Sounds like fun, I can't wait!! What type of catfish were they?

5. paidin

paidin New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Hi fishman,

If you have the right cell phone, you can buy a data cable for it on ebay for about $5-$10 and hook your phone up to your laptop. You can then dial up through your cell phone and use netzero or pay for a cheap dialup plan or better yet, if you use bellsouth dsl, they include 20 hours a month of dialup access. you can at least use your cell phone on nights and weekends to check email and browse the web. Hell, on the cumberland, you can surf the web while waiting on the cats! Talk about up to the minute fishing reports ;)

If this interests you and you would like some assistance, let me know.

paidin