had a visitor at work

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ho_shi, May 22, 2008.

1. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    one the hands was checkin sewer lift stations when she found this!!!
    [​IMG]

we have no idea what it was but knowin i DONT DO SNAKES!!! they went and tried to get it out to no avail...
    someone else went after work and got her out and releasedin the lake (dummy)
    [​IMG]

GLAD I WAS NO WHERE AROUND WHEN THEY DID!!

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: Did that get the ol Blood Pumpin for ya? :smile2::smile2:

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I can tell you what kind that was.... it was a LIVE one. Clear the roads, get outta the way, you would have been ran over nothing flat. LOL

4. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    what suxs is once in while i gotta go down in them sewer lift stations for repairs and i will most defintly be lookin a lot closer now!!! mostly i see a few turtles and lots of well you dont wanna know but that is the first snake i seen (or rather glad didnt get to see!!)

5. fishermanswife

fishermanswife New Member

State:
    az
    When my husband and I went fishing last weekend we came up on an Western Diamonback Rattler. He was just a little guy, slithering across the road. What was surprising was that we stopped the truck not three feet from him so our 7 year old could roll down his window & get a good look & Joey got out to check him out a little. That snake didn't rattle one bit! Guess we didn't scare him much. Tried to get a picutre but SOMEONE (being me) forgot to charge the camera batteries & it died as soon as we turned it on. Dang it all.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    AJ stay alert when checking that area out. Sometimes those visitors travel in pairs. Definitely an attention getter.:smile2:

7. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    lol hard to go anywhere where they found it

that sewer lift station was about 2o ft deep and 6 ft around, not much room for me to run in my harness (or swing) when i do maintance!!!! defintly be lookin closer from now on

figure someone flushed it down as a baby and it just grew and finally reached a station

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    It looks like a Corn Snake. It won't hurt you. It might make you hurt yourself, though!

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    It wont hurt ya, glad ya let it go instead of killing it.