Had a slow day but...

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by back channel, Jun 26, 2006.

1. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Went out on saturday just to do a little fishing in general. Did not catch any cats but but caught a nice brown trout, perch, and a ba$$. Here comes the good part. For some reason I decided to get up from were I was sitting. As I turned around my rod literally flew into the air with the tackle box part way and made it was into the bottom of the lake. My rod was taken by a monster. I have had rods taken into the water by a fish but never, I mean never as fast as this fish took it. The rod just disappered and could not be seen. the water I was fishing was really deep but as clear as could be. You can see the bottom for about the first 15 to 20 feet out and the rod was way past that mark. I just wish a know what kind of fish took it like that.

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    did u try getting a trebble hook and to snag the pole, cant tell u how many times ove done that and had a really nice fish at the other end

3. bkhollan

bkhollan New Member

State:
    Washington, Ind
    I was fishing with my dad one time about a two years ago and this happened. I was talking to him and I saw his pole just take off. No time to react or anything. He's like oh that has to be a monster and he's going on and on... Meanwhile I'm casting out trying to snag his pole and I did just happen to snag it. Well we get the pole and he starts reeling it in and the fish is still on the line. Well turns out it was a 9 oz freshwater drum. He must have just hit it going full speed with the current. I still laugh about it when I remember him going on about how big it had to be. haha

4. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Tried snagging it but I had no luck. I know it was not a dru because this lake does not have any. But the rivers I fish sure do (to many). I know it could have been a small fish but I have had rod draggers and known took it like that. My thought was that it was a big carp.