Had a real good day on the beach in SC

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by Bobpaul, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I was going to post some pretty cool finds, but I see most of what's been posted here has been removed.

Sorry to have made extra work for the staff and taken up space here. It won't happen again.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm missin your point Robert. I enjoy the heck outa your detectin adventure posts.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Please post the pics of your find and tell the story too!!!!!

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

But Bob, I wanted to see 'em. Everybody likes stories of lost treasure! I've certainly enjoyed all of your posts about metal detecting. Wish I could have been at the NC gathering earlier on Saturday, so I could have gone too :sad2:.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
  6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OK its lookin like you got enough for a steak. LOL!

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    If I buy it and cook it.

8. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Way to go Bob. That's something I always thought about getting into. Congrats on the finds.

9. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Hi Bob
    Detecting is a great hobby,I have been detecting sense the late 1970s and before my lungs went bad hardly ever missed a day of hunting. I see you have a silver spanish coin pictured in the bunch of coins you posted, did you find it at the beach when you found the rest of the coins. I have one that came off the Atocha, the 1600 spanish galleon that Mell Fisher, and his crew discovered of the coast of Florida. I bought mine for fifty dollars off a diver that worked for Mell, it's part of his payment for the diving he did in the recovery of the treasure. I have a small fortune in old coins and July that I have found with mine over the years and plan on starting to sell it on ebay to help supplement my retirement .I am glad to know their is another detector fellow on board the BOC.
    catfish slick

10. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Sorry to say, that Spanish coin is a "copy", it's even stamped "copy'

I did find it with the other coins on N Myrtle Beach SC.

I know about the Atocha treasure and Mel Fisher. I lived in Fl when the treasure was found. I fished Sabastien inlet many times, where the Mel Fisher museum is.

They've got a lease on all the waters in the area along the coast were the 1715 Spanish fleet went down. A hurricane occasionally brings a coin to the beach though.

Good luck in selling your coins.