Had a outstanding morning

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Quint, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Got covered up with mallards this morning had our limit in 20min after shooting time. Then just watched the birds work. In your face could reach up and grab them by the feet they were working in so close. Got a goose hunt lined up for the morning It should also be a good hunt. Will try to post some pics. Good luck to all.

2. IBEW_124_BROTHER

IBEW_124_BROTHER New Member

State:
    MO
    Our ducks are just about done but we did get a couple shoots like that. Few and far between but its what we live for!

3. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    The goose hunt went well this morning picked up 21 birds. Should have done better, there was no wind so the birds were hard to finish, and some ragged shooting on several volleys. But did have a flock of 9 birds come in and none left out. So the 3rd season it off to a great start. Good luck and Merry Christmas to all.

4. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    The hunting this week has still been good. Still kill some mallards and geese. Best day this week was Sat. picking up 13 geese and 2 mallards. And did see a big flock of snow geese pass over head a mile high. Snow geese are real rare in my part of the state. Things are starting to freeze out lets hope the wind keeps blowing cause if it stops we'll lock up. My dad went down to the coast today to hunt for a few days will give his report as well. Good luck to all!

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Awesome hunt, we had mallards all over us this weekend goose hunting. But its closed:sad2: It was -2* here so I bet the ducks will be on the move. The ducks should be getting thick down there soon.