Had a little fun tonight!!!!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by CopeMan, Jul 15, 2009.

1. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Me and a buddy went out this evenin and fished til 1030 or so. I dont know what the place was called but it is some branch off of truman. We ended up with 11 channels and one blue. Woulda had more but I thought the limit was 5 on channels:eek:oooh: till scotty called. By then it was bout too late my buddy had to go to work tommorow so we hauled arse outta there. They we absolutely goin nuts. We caught em in about 2 1/2 feet of water on shad and bluegill. Nice ones to averaging about 4 lbs. the biggest around 6. We had a blast to say the least. I cleaned em up and they were all chuck full of eggs and the blue was full to:confused2: Guess they still got some spawnin to do. Toke some pics of the fish but they didnt turn out in the dark. Hope yall enjoy. Good luck n good fishn. COPEMAN:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

When is the fish fry:big_smile:
    Where is it going to be:big_smile:
    Good job on catching the eaters:wink:

3. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Yep they were sure not spawned out yet. No battle scars either. We gonna have to have a fish fry for sure:wink: Gonna go agian today and try to put the hurt on em.

4. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    way to go ! sounds like You had a great time, I need to get my boys out and find some on rod and reel.

5. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    way to go buddy.Going to try drifting tomorow. I will let you know how it goes.

6. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Ya it was a blast Hurb. Went back last night and only caught 3 little channels, 4 bass, and 3 turtles:smile2: Driftin sounds fun. Have to get down and go sometime. Good luck:wink:

7. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: good job copeman way to go on wacken and stacken some cats for the fish fry :wink:!!!!!

bass and turtle soup to boot :smile2::smile2:

8. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

cool ozman let us know how ya do :big_smile::wink:

9. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    Got in from drifting used shad bluegill and our other bait. got several bites only got 3 eaters.All on other bait. Had lots of wind

10. Billy_Mojo

Billy_Mojo New Member

State:
    Missouri
    down there in Truman --

I been gettin dinks up here in Smithville purty regular lately and I haven't got a one with eggs, they all been males and they some of em anyway had their milt hunks in em; but as far as that goes is it normal like the other species that there's a few days later for us up here than further South?

Used to live in Cassville and go down to Roaring River way downstream of the park and catch the Whites runnin' up the spawn and I can remember that was SEVERAL weeks earlier down there than it is up here for doing the same thing up to Plattsburg.

Just wondering if the whiskerfish are gonna be similar, you got a late spawn maybe so do I.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  11. Billy_Mojo

Billy_Mojo New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I didn't go back and read all the replies or I woulda seen Earl's about the false eggs. That sounds more logical if I remember right the old sows were on the nests around Father's Day all the time back when I was growin up and that was in Vernon County, Marmaton and Osage Rivers -- Flatheads of course and I won't say anything about noodlin' or submerged bathtubs.

12. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    I understand what Earl was sayin about false eggs but the ones we caught were FULL of em. Also the one and only blue we caught was full of eggs too:confused2: Im guessin its a little late maybe. Has been a slow year for everthing

13. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Sounds like a great night anyone.