Had A Great Time At Warsaw!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kat in the hat, Jul 6, 2009.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Me and TCAT drove down and fished all night in the tailrace. We both limited out, and I caught my new R&R PB. My junky scales said 21#. Put up a good fight. I think we brought home 3 fish that were under 8#. Nothing huge, just a good mess of plump eaters (I'm frying some right now :big_smile:)

Our anchor was proven totally inadequate even in very little current. Even with tons of rope, we couldn't get it to hold up at the buoys. We ended up tying a big rock to the anchor, and got it to stick. :embarassed: Hey...it worked. Anyhoo, we didn't catch much at the buoys, but whoever was parked next to us seemed to be catching some gooduns. I ended up moving downstream a ways, and located a hump with the sonar that appeared to be holding fish...and we had action all night. Most were small, but with an occasional good keeper mixed in. Several 8-10 pounders, and the 21 pounder.

This morning around 6:30-ish, we went to the rock overhang to hopefully catch some walleye and wipers. I did end up catching a nice walleye, and a spotted bass (a first for me)...and 2 more nice 10# blues. Had something hit my jig that I fought briefly before it bent my hook. :sad2: Striper? Walleye? I don't know. Wish I did.

I guess we ended up leaving around 11-ish this morning. I'm beat. Haven't had a wink of sleep since I got up at 6 am yesterday.

Anyways, here's some pics. The 21# blue was all beat up (and missing an eye), and was a male. Guessing he just got off the spawn. The rest were in good shape.

Attached Files:

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Congrats on catchin some nice blues Matt. Looks like you had a good time. :big_smile:

3. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Here's a pic on the Spotted Bass. No, I didn't fillet him. The knife is just there as a size reference.

Attached Files:

4. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Oh...That look on my face in the foggy pic...it was taken at 4 am, and I had already been up 22 hours. I look even worse nowm, lol. I'ma eat me some fish and go to bed. Whew.

5. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Congrats, it looks like you had a nice night, I bet you are tired.
    But it was well worth it:wink:

6. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Dont blame ya by not cuttin that bass up kat. I belive they work best as live bait anyway:wink: Looks like you had a blast man. Congrats on your pb. Way to go. Hope to see you on the water sometime down here.

7. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    ...I can't help it. :roll_eyes: Here's a pic of Tom "fishing". :smile2:

Attached Files:

8. Cut bait

Cut bait New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Way to go man good fish

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. big cat matt

big cat matt Member

State:
    mo,OSAGE ARM TRUMAN
  11. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: way to go guys !!!!! congrats on a great fishin trip :wink:

thanks for the story and pics !!!!

12. ozman

ozman New Member

State:
    Mo
    Looks like you had a good time. The fishing has been great. Hope to see ya some time.

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    WTG Matt. Congrats on a fine trip.

14. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    All right Matt... thanks for sharing your time out there with us... looks like a great trip and congrats on your new PB.