Had a great time at Lowe's Motor Speedway!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Oct 17, 2006.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I had a great time this weekend.The race was a great one,very cold but a great race!!! Our seats weren't right behind the start/finish line like I was told but they were still good seats.We were 7 rows back a little bit past the line.Pics of the cars were hard to get,seemed like they were running 300MPH past us instead of 190MPH.They were like a blur going past us,and unbelievably louder than I remember(my ears are still ringing).When Martin got wrecked,I thought he was gonna be hurt,that was the hardest hit I think I've ever seen.I was just glad a Hendrick car didn't win this race.I don't think I'd ever heard so many BOOs when Johnson,Gordon and Vickers were announced at pre-race,I gotta admit,I was one of the 100,000 or so doing it.(sorry Hendrick fans)
    Almost forgot,before the race we were walking around and went to the SPEED stage,they were filming the show for Martinsville.We may be on there,they panned the camera around several times and it was pointed right at us.Kenny W.,Jimmy S.,and John R. are a bunch of nuts!!!
    All in all,we had a great time and I can't wait to go to Bristol!!!

Here is a few pics,not very good ones though-
    1.our seats looking out.
    001.jpg
    2.Robot Wars-pre-race
    002.jpg
    3.Scoring Pylon
    003.jpg

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Here's a couple more pics from it-
    1.Kenny and Jimmy at the speed stage
    004.jpg
    2.Not a great shot of Riggs and Kahne going to their pit
    005.jpg
    3.Kenny Wallace acting crazy
    006.jpg

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Welcome Back John Glad you had a great time bro.

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Glad to have you back brother John and thank you, thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Wish I could have been there too! If your ears are still ringing, you'd think I could have heard it from HERE! :lol: I watched it on TV though, and I was scared when Martin hit the wall. Sure was good seeing him stand up in that window and wave to the crowd! We all knew it was a hard hit, but now we have an eyewitness acccount. You're going to Bristol too??? Lucky duck :tounge_out:. It's great that you had fun and even better that it was in my home state of NC. Woo hoo!

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Sounds like you had fun! Sorry it was cold but I bet it was worth it.
    Bill

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    When Martin climbed out of the car and stood up,my Mom looked over at me and said "Crazy Old Man!!!"(from his commercial) I laughed my butt off.I'm glad he was OK though.I'm still looking to see if it comes back on,I'd love to watch it on tv also.I think we may also possibly go back there next year,if we make it were gonna try and get our seats abt 10-15 rows higher.We couldn't see hardly any of the backstretch.

7. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Welcome back,sounds like you had a great time.Nice pics.

8. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I could tell how excited you were. :lol: Looks like you had a real good time, Im glad that you and friends enjoyed yourself.
    Thanks for the pictures as well. :wink:

9. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Thats awesome John! Glad ya had a great time and the pics are sweet too!

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I'm laughing mine off right now. Your mom must be a quick thinker, that was good! I haven't seen that commercial in quite a while, but someone I was talking to the other day called Mark an old man. I'm not really sure how to feel about that :roll_eyes:, he's only four years older than ME :lol:. If you go next year, I hope you get the seats you want, buddy!

11. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    John, glad ya had a good time. I watched it at home and man, it was a good race. Sucked that Gordon got nailed by bad luck again.

Best thing I can suggest to ANYONE who is interested in going to a NASCAR race, is call the ticket office before tickets go on sale. Talk to them and ask them what seats you will be able to see the whole track. Last year we went to Dallas for our 2nd time, and took my wifes friend and her husband for their 1st time. I purchased the tickets, and the ones for the Bush race I went a little lower so we could pay less for them, then went higher for the cup race. We could se the entire track. I wouldn't have known which row to get had I not called and talked to the ticket office. Next time we go, gonna try and get seats near the exit of pit road that way we will not have such a long walk from the VIP parking.

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Ummm,Yeh,it sucked abt Gordon...:roll_eyes: I used to be a fan,but he cries and whines too much anymore.He's a great driver though.
    I agree abt calling abt the tix,I can't complain though.My whole trip was free to me,My Mom's boyfriend bought the tix for a few guys that work for him as a company outing and had an extra ticket I got.Everything was paid for,except for the liquid refreshments :big_smile:
    Last year's coke 600,I had GREAT seats.I was up high enough to see the whole track and right across from the entrance to pit road.Last years pics were a lot better.I'm waiting on Larry to e-mail me the pics he took,I'm hoping they are better than mine.If they are,I'll post a few.

13. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thankx for the update on your trip John. Dont look at like it like you had cold weather,look at like you didnt need a drink holder to keep your drinks cold.Glad you got to go to the races. smokey

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats true,the drinks stayed plenty cold! :smile2:

15. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    sounds like you had a good time.
    the only race like that i attended was a busch series race the first
    or opening race at gateway international granite city il.
    it was so hot there was at least 2 heat related deaths . 7 hospitalized.
    i dont know whats worse , freezin your buns off or sweating to death.

i know what you mean about how fast they seem to go when your that close and the sound is deafening. glad you made it back and shared your trip.

16. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad you enjoyed yourself! I'm personally a Jimmy Johnson fan, don't care too much for Gordon anymore for the same reasons you mentioned. I'm hoping to be able to go to my first live race sometime in the near future. Thanks for sharing your experience and the pics!