Had a great time at Bristol

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by special liberty, Mar 27, 2007.

1. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    My buddy bought two Busch and two Cup tickets on EBay monday for $50 a piece. Closest hotel we could find was Knottville but boy did we have a blast!!! First time I have ever been there and I'll tell there isn't a bad seat in the house and you can't find nicer people. The parking lot attendant gave us free beer after the race and we met a truckstop waitress who had named here kids after Dale Sr!! There was a ton of tickets for sale outside the track as well - I won't let the lack of a ticket stop me from going next year. The only comlaint I had was two BMS employees refused to remove their caps for the National Anthem at the Busch race - BMS got an email addressing that issue as soon as I got home.

To anyone who likes racing and hasn't been to Bristol - GO!!!!

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i had thought about going, but was afraid of not getting tickets. i may try it next year if you think tickets will not be a problem. i have tickets to texas next month.

3. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I've went to Richmond about 6 times over the past couple of years and never once had a ticket. If you are willing to buy a single ticket you can usually get them at the track for face value - it's when you want 2+ together that they start gouging you. Me and my buddies have sat on the opposite side of the track before. LOL!!

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    L.M.S is a great track also but the tix we had last October were too close.7 rows from the track.All you saw was a blur and it tends to get boring some there.Especially when #48 dominates. :angry: LMAO!!!

I should have some pics posted soon that Mom took Sunday at Bristol.
    Thanks for the post!

5. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Tickets are never a problem there. All one needs to do is show up and look around. Lodgeing is the issue. I camp on the grounds by the drag strip and those spots are hard to get. But there were alot of empty ones there this spring. Maybe the people were afraid of another snowy weekend like the past two years!!!!!!!

The Bristol web site now has a link for people to buy / sell tickets now as well. There you maybe able to get on site camping as well.

I've been to alot of races but nothing compairs to Bristol.

6. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    YOU CAN ALMOST ALWAYS GET TICKETS FOR BRISTOL, AS LONG AS YOU'RE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE FOR THEM. I'VE GOT FREE TICKETS TO THE BUSCH RACE EVERY YEAR SINCE 1998 AND I ALWAYS GIVE THEM AWAY. I'VE LIVED HERE FOR 29 YEARS AND I'VE NEVER ATTENDED THE FIRST RACE, NOT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE NASCAR BUT BECAUSE IT'S TO MUCH HASSLE FOR ME, (FINDING PARKING, PAYING TO PARK, FIGHTING THE CROWD, WALKING A COUNTRY MILE TO GET TO THE TRACK, AND OH YEAH DEALING WITH ALL THE DRUNKS.) BESIDES THAT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND SPENDING ALL THAT MONEY FOR LODGING, TICKETS, AND PARKING WHEN IT'S SHOWN ON T.V. I CAN WATCH IT FROM THE COMFORT OF MY HOME OR BETTER YET I CAN GO FISHING. DON'T GET ME WRONG BRISTOL RACE FANS I'M GLAD YOU POUR IN TO OUR QUIET, PEACEFUL, COUNTRY TOWN TWICE A YEAR AND ENJOY SOME OUR SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY AND SPEND ALOT OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY BECAUSE OUR BUSINESSES REALLY NEED THE BOOST, SOME BUSINESSES COULD NOT SURVIVE WITHOUT IT. SO THANK YOU, WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT. IN ALL HONESTY THOUGH, MY FAVORITE PART ABOUT BRISTOL RACE IS WHEN I SEE ALL THE CAMPERS, RV'S, AND TRAFFIC HEADING OUT OF BRISTOL TOWARD INTERSTATE 81 SO MY SLEEPY LITTLE TOWN CAN GET BACK TO NORMAL. NOTHING AGAINST THE RACE FANS, I'M REALLY GLAD YOU ENJOY COMING BACK EACH YEAR AND SPENDING YOUR MONEY. THIS IS JUST THE OPINION OF SOMEONE WHO'S LIVED THROUGH IT FOR THE 29 YEARS.

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Im glad you got to go, maybe someday I will make it to a Bristol race. that would be my choice out of all the tracks. Darlington would be my second choice