Had a good run on limb lines the other day and wanted to share pics...

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dudeman, May 26, 2008.

1. dudeman

dudeman New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Me and my fishing buddy caught these guys on one run of our limblines the weekend of May 2 at our favorite Northwest Arkansas fishing spot. We only set a handful of lines using 135 lb test nylon braid with 14/0 circle sea hooks and live bream in the 8"-10" range. The blues are 32, 42, & 44 pounds. The flathead is 48 pounds (the same one as in my avatar pic). We also caught a couple seven pound blues that aren't pictured. We had 180 pounds of catfish in the bottom of our canoe. Along with my dog, my fishing buddy, and myself, it was pretty crowded. Just wanted to share.

Attached Files:

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    That's a fine batch of fish you boys caught there. Congratulations and thanks for sharing them with us. Keep em coming, we love to see them.

3. dudeman

dudeman New Member

State:
    Arkansas

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    NICE CATCH ,LOOKS LIKE THING'S WERE JUST WRIGHT FOR YOU

5. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    Nice catch.Do you mind sharing what body of water you where one?Not asking for you're honey hole address:wink:

6. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Amable, nice catch bro! I love to fish with limblines. I got to do it in Oklahoma.

Jaime

7. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    nice catch!! way to go!!! wish I had been there for that:eek:oooh::smile2:

8. dudeman

dudeman New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks for posting, fellas.

I caught those fish in the area where a river meets a lake. :wink:

There was one limb that I spotted when I was trying to scout out some new tie-offs on 4/19. I spotted a sycamore limb hanging just this side of a big sunken tree right up against a deep cut bank. It kind of called out to me, so I hung a big bream on one of those 14/0 circles. I caught a 35 lb blue on it that night. The next weekend I baited it up again and pulled out a 33 pound blue. The weekend after that was the night I caught the four fish in my post at the top of this thread. The 48 lb flathead was on the limb that time. Here's my 35 lb blue (on the concrete with my dog next to it). The pic of the blue and the flathead in the wheelbarrow- that's the 33 lb blue. The flathead in there with him is a 40 that we got on the same run on another limb.

I have all the fish in my freezer I can handle. I don't think I'd feel right taking too many more big fish out of that area anytime soon.

Attached Files:

9. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    very nice fish. where the river meets the lake wouldn't be at the confluence of the wareagle and the white river on beaver lake would it? i think i know that sycamore limb you described. lol.

10. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    hmm i also know a sycamore limb like that near horseshoe bend. maybe i need to limb line this weekend.

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like an exciting trip. Great job

12. dudeman

dudeman New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I love coming up on a line and watching that limb go crazy with a nice cat on the other end of it.

Funny thing I noticed though about nearly every one of those big cats I caught was the line would be still as we came up on it- straight and maybe angling one way or the other a little bit, but perfectly still. I would think some driftwood was hung up on the hook or the bluegill had wrapped me up on a snag until I reached out and grabbed that line! They tended to get pretty animated at that point! Good times!

Let us know how you do if you do it to it this weekend. :big_smile:

13. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    On a limb over the water?Sound like a good spot:wink:How about I just tail you from you're house to the limb?That would be so much easier than finding my own!:eek:oooh:lol

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Thanks for the report, Keep them coming.

15. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Thanks for the pics looks like yall had a great time . you ever get down around grapevine look me up

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice catch and good pics.

17. dudeman

dudeman New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I appreciate the comments since I've been on here last. Hope you guys are pulling in the big ones!