Had a good opening day!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Believer, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I killed 2 deer today, a mature doe around 9:45 this morning a little doe @ 6:40 this evening. I need to double check my sights though because I spined both of them; the good news is I didn't have to track either of them! :wink:

We have a local locker that does free processing if you donate a deer to the Salvation Army which is something I meant to do that last year, but never did so, this year I promised myself and God that the first deer I killed would go to the needy and that's just what I did. :smile2:

Eric

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Way to go Eric!!!!

3. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Sounds like you had a great day! Congrats on the deer
    :big_smile_2:

4. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    they were'nt moving in the a.m. here at all. but, when i walked in in the afternoon, a really nice 10 point ran across the power line road i was walking on. then a few minutes later just before i got to my stand i seen another shooter. a nice heavy horned 8 point. he was with the smaller 8 point i jumped up in the a.m. i ended up shooting a big doe, waited a while and got down. while i was dragging her out of the corn, (making all kinds of noise) i look up and the small 8 point was standing right in the lane under my stand. with the bigger 8 point right behind it. i'm glad i came down, because i might have been tempted to shoot the second buck. it's a nice buck, but not what i really want. there's a one buck limit in the park that i'm hunting so i would have been done there. there's a lot bigger deer there than that. so i'm glad i was'nt even tempted. anyway i got some jerky meat. the season seems to be starting out good.

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Our Regular Bow season starts Sat but Urban Doe only is in. I went yesterday morning and hunted until 10:00 AM. Didn't see a thing. You are right on the spine shots. I hit a Doe last year in the spine and they fall straight down without taking a step. Sweet!

6. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    awsome eric looks like your set up on deer meat,good idea on the donation i think ill do the same thing this year ,if your a hunter and you can provide for others why not .

7. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brother Eric;
    Ya done GOOD! :big_smile: Reps to ya.
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Way to go Eric. I'm sure someone will really appreciate you donating the meat. Now just keep hunting those does for the rest of the season so your score will equal what the other Eric in our contest will get....:confused2:

9. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I plan to kill as many as the Good Lord allows me to so I can feed my family and others & then when you think it's all over BAM! 200 class buck. LOL

Eric

10. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Eric, sounds like a great opening day. Mine was messed up by dove hunters shooting 1/8-1/4 mile away from me. Oh well, there plenty more days to try it again. I'm so glad to see people helping others. Happy harvesting to all.