Had a good night

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by wantingthebigone, May 15, 2006.

1. wantingthebigone

wantingthebigone New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I haven't been on here much because im graduating, but i had to take time out of my busy life to tell everyone about the night of heaven. we started the night off a little rough we were going down river to check the lines and we heard someone pull into our parking spot so we climbed the hill and took off down the road we chased them off and as far as we know they didn't have enough time to take any thing. but after that excitement we went on with our walk. we checked every line but one and we had a few 5 pounders on but nothing too exciting. the last one was a long walk away so we were a little nervous well when we came up on it the line was going crazy when we pulled it up it was by far the biggest flat i'd ever caught but i wasn't gonna let it get too me and me lose him so i stayed focus and got him on the stringer and toook him off of the line and started our trip back. talking about it the whole time and carrying on when we got back we took our estiments and he was a 35 pounder. i was impressed and ready to catch more fish. through the night we kept catching um we caught a total of nine that nite. some too small to keep but it was more to fit into the photo so we kept them. let me know what u think. there is one 8 pounder not on there because one of the kids cut it up and ate it that night because he was hungry i got a pic of it but its late at night and looks worse then that pic. http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c236/fensty_54/IMAG0429.jpg

2. CaTfIsH90

CaTfIsH90 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Tell your buddy he shouldn't eat out of that river.

3. wantingthebigone

State:
    Kansas
    Why do you say that?

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    what river were you fishing?

5. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    hey wantingthe bigone your friend was`nt hungry he was starving to death . But thats a nice mess of fish anyhow. It`s too bad a person cannot leave his car without somebody wanting to vandlize it.

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Josh, way to go, VERY nice mess of fish you caught there.

7. wantingthebigone

State:
    Kansas
    I was fishing the smokey hill river.

8. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

good cacth...where is the smokey hill river

9. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    not to sound bad or any thing were is the sport of linb lines i think trout lines are not sporty wow you tie to a stump and leave come back theres fish get a pole and a boat and fish on the river then catch some biggins i hope you caught and turned them back? and i am not trying to be a d^^k

10. bigcathunter

bigcathunter New Member

State:
    great bend,kansas
    where in the smoky is there even enough water to fish ,i fished the smoky when i was a kid,now where i live in central kansas ,i fished the smoky south of bunker hill,but there is no water there now it is more like a creek,where is there decent water in the smoky to fish,thanks

11. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

set lines are legal so why would have to turn them back?theres plenty of sprt in try it and see its not so easy that any one can go out and cacth good fish doing it,if your not trying to be a d@#k then dont be