Had a blast on Ft Gibson

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Dirtdobber, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Took our son and grandson cat fishing on Ft Gibson yesterday. Got on the water about 7:30, by 8:15 had put the noodles out. We put them along a rocky bluff in about 15-20' of water. When we had the noodles out we with into a small cove to catch bait. That's when the fun started. Grandson was fishing by a big rock, kept saying he was get a bite but couldn't catch it. His Dad dropped his worm beside his and caught a bream, we both started dropping on each side of him and caught a bunch of perch. Grandson kept trying and finally got it down and started catching them.

We got 4 blues, 1 Flathead and 3 channel all about 4lbs off the noodles. The fish quit biting about 10:30 so we just rode around on the lake plotting fishing spots on the locator.

Grandson is already planning next trip before school starts.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good stuff Jim. When my kids were growin up they enjoyed catchin bait more than any part of the trip.

3. bulethed

bulethed New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Jim if you want to kick around in the very upper end of gibson i'll show ya around up there. i live in Pryor, and its only 20 minutes away for me.

Bill.

4. JUG_LINE

JUG_LINE New Member

State:
    NE Oklahoma
    Sounds like you guys had some fun. :smile2:

5. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Ft Gibson has always been a great place to fish. I love fishing the dam there

6. Southern Woman

Southern Woman New Member

State:
    Texas
    :big_smile: We take our 14 year old grandson fishing any time he can get away from school.

7. rigrunner(236)

rigrunner(236) New Member

State:
    Ft Cobb Lake, Oklahoma

Thanks for sharing you trip with the BOC. Keep taking the boys fishing. One of the best things you can do with them. Making memories for life.