Had 14 jugs out today on Hudson Lake..

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by PRITCHETTK, Apr 30, 2006.

1. PRITCHETTK

PRITCHETTK New Member

State:
    SALINA, OKLAHOMA
    Did'nt do so good using hot dogs and frozen cut shad. Only caught 7 little blues and 2 small channels. Can't find any good spots to fish for flatheads on this lake, which I know there are some. Anyone know of any log jams or anything to fish for flatties on.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Kevin, are you just a flathead purist? Myself, I prefer blues over flatheads any day. I'm in it for the sport, and to me, fish being equal in size, the blue outpreforms the flathead any day. Sort of like a tractor/trailer vs. a pickup. lol. I'd say be happy with what your catching, because there is a lot of our brethern throughout the country that is not catching any cats.

3. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    only fished that lke one time for crappie . done good on them though. nice little lake should be loaded find creeks dumping inti lake caves with structure ect. good luck

4. Creek6

Creek6 New Member

State:
    OK
    Fish the stumps, just south of the bridge, on the east side of the river channel in late May and June. Early in the morning before sunrise is best.

5. PRITCHETTK

PRITCHETTK New Member

State:
    SALINA, OKLAHOMA
    Which bridges are you talking about? There are no stumps south of the main bridge on Highway 20 its all flats on the east. No structure at all.

6. Creek6

Creek6 New Member

State:
    OK
    The hwy 20 bridge. The stumps are under about 20 ft of water. Its always been a great flathead spot after they start the spawn.