G'Wood Smack-A-Thon

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Deepwater1, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    Went to Greenwood yesterday. The water must have been 3 foot down from a couple weeks ago and MUCH clearer. We fished from the upper end of the Reedy branch to the tressel south of the 221 launch ramp, in 15' to 32' of water.

Used perch, fresh caught bream, and shrimp. Only action came on the shrimp. Didn't catch anything until we got in 28' to 30' of water. We ended up the day with 19 or 20 channels, most in the 5 lb to 9 lb range. The day was beautiful and made you happy to be on the water.

Oh, by the way, it was 33 degrees when we left the launch ramp, with a 3 to 4 ft thick fog hanging on the water. Couldn't see anything so we had to use the GPS to navigate by. Almost felt like I was back on salt water. It cleared up pretty quick when the sun hit the water. :smile2:

Word of warning::: :angry: That 221 launch ramp is in BAD shape. Pot holes on both right and left sides. The guy that took out before me really twisted his axle. We followed him until he turned off. His trailer was dog-tracking bad. I hope he made it home. So use care if you're going to use that ramp. Curt

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats on the great catch.:wink: Nicely done!

3. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Nice catch Curt,congrats:big_smile:

4. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
  5. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
  6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nice catch and a good report/warning.

Bill in SC

7. bulldog1

bulldog1 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks, I was thinking of going there friday. Great caught.:smile2:

8. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats, sounds like a good day on G wood.

9. SEA DUCE 2

SEA DUCE 2 New Member

State:
    SC
    Good report / warning...It does appear that when a boat ramp owner charges $5 bucks to put your boat in, that they would keep their little pot of gold in better condition and do more than just take up money. I use this ramp for convenience only, otherwise the ramp, dock, driveway, all are in very poor condition, unsafe is more like it.

10. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    Sea Duce, I'm no attorney, but if I were the guy who tore his trailer up on that launch ramp ahead of me, I would sure present the ramp's owner with a bill for trailer repairs. Then when he ignored the bill or refused to pay it, I would turn it over to my attorney.

When you charge for a service or use of your facilities, you assume responsibility for the presumed safety of that facility or service, and are responsible for any unintentional damages caused from the use of that unsafe facility. Particularly since that isn't the first occurance.

I'm sure there must be some government agency that oversees safety of such pay facilities.

Just my two cents worth.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  11. SEA DUCE 2

SEA DUCE 2 New Member

State:
    SC
    I agree, that boat ramp has always been poorly kept. Location, location, location. I believe I could do a better job if I owned the place. Doesn't take long to get you ROI if you justed tried a little harder. I'm sure they have to have a business lisense and insurance to boot.