Guys we have a new record to beat

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by south_va_fisherman, Dec 27, 2006.

1. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    As written by Mark Fike from Viginia Game and Fish Magazine. on pg 8.

catmen are abuzz about the new state record blue catfish that has been certified by the VDGIF. The lower James river catfish was caught by archie gold and weighed 95.7 pounds after being kept alive for hours while a certified scale and a VDGIF biologist were summoned. the monster catfish beats out the previous record blue cat caught on buggs island lake last year.
    golds fish was caught around 10pm on july 15 it was weighed at hopewell point marina on the james river on a scale borrowed from greentop sporting goods. the fish was released back into the river. the location of the catch has been the focus of many disscusions. the most solid information we are able to get is the stretch of the james river from the chickohominay to the flowerdew hundred.

you guys have probably heard this, i dont know how old it is, but f you havent, here you go.

2. egomaniac247

egomaniac247 New Member

State:
    VA
    It is seriously just a matter of time before a 100lbs fish is pulled out of the James. I have no doubts at all that more than a few exist.

The great part about that state record is that it was released back into the river alive.

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I think the record was set within the last three months. There is no doubt 100 pound + fish swim in the James.

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    From all the things i have heard on this board and from other fisherman that i know personally it is certainly just a matter of time before a 100 pound blue will be pulled out of the James.

Wheelmobile07

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    A lot of bodies of water have 100+ pound Blue Cats now, but the James River is so easy, I don't doubt someone will catch it soon.

6. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Good luck to ya'll that have the chance to fish that water.