Guys I could really use some help catfishing the Cape Fear River

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by kittykathunter19, Jul 25, 2009.

1. kittykathunter19

kittykathunter19 New Member

State:
    Wilmington, North Carolin
    I just got out of the army where i was stationed at Ft. Campbell KY, I did alot of fishing in the TN river and now i just moved to wilmington, nc. I know there is good catfishing in the cape fear river but i am doing something completely wrong i think and i have not been able to find them at all. I have no idea what bait to you use cause in TN i uses skip jack and i am not sure those are here at all, so if anyone could please please help me out to find some cats i would greatly appreciate guys....thank you so much.....Damon

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Damon and thank you for your service. Semper-fi

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hey Damon welcome to the BOC. I'm sure the same baits apply to your new area. You will have some really great comments soon on the post so be positive an good luck.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Damon Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I sure wish i had found your post earlier ,a bunch of us local guy's fished sutton lake last night . some did real good others of us went fishing if u get my drift .
    Check out the n.c. sections rivers an lakes lots of good info there ,also check capefear cats under tourney talk ,also check out the N.C. ROLL CALL THREAD .
    I would also like to welcome u to the BOC as another WILMINGTON ,N.C. area member ,this is a great site with a lot of great people on here ,an there is a pretty good group rite here in your new hometown area as well.

THANKS FOR THE SERVICE TO YOUR /OUR COUNTRY :cool2:

HECK 2 NEW MEMBERS ,THAT I KNOW OF HERE IN THE WILM.AREA IN THE LAST FEW DAYS THAT'S GREAT

DAMON GET U 10 POST THEN U CAN SEND AN RECIEVE PM'S FROM OTHER MEMBERS :cool2:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  6. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    :0a27::0a27::0a27::0a27:

7. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Damon , first off , thank you for the time you served our country . Also welcome to the BOC . I have only fished the area you are fishing a one time so I can help you out much . I'd use a carolina rig with live eels or brim . That being said you can catch both of them where your fishing .
    Brim on worms and eels on shrimp , or you can go to the baitstore right there across from the boat ramp and Jamie at County Line will set you up with bait and any tackle you may need , and pry some good advise to . Hope this helps you out in some way , good luck . :wink::big_smile:

8. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    as some of the others have already done.....thank you for your service for our country...........cut eel, live bream and cut shad.....but all in all.......depends on the time of the year...........ive seen blues caught on grapes when theyre on the vines overhanging the river...........lol:0a26:

9. kittykathunter19

kittykathunter19 New Member

State:
    Wilmington, North Carolin
    Hey i just wanted to say thank you for everyones help. I also wanted to say thank you for all the support to all those who support the soldiers of this wonderful country. Anyways thank you so much again for all your advice....

10. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    i dunno man.......looks like ken was doing well with the beef livers..........:wink: