guys be careful

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by LazyBum, Aug 10, 2009.

1. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    IDABEL, Okla. (AP) - Authorities have recovered the body of a 27-year-old Idabel man who drowned after being swept over a low water dam while noodling with two friends. Authorities say they recovered the body of Christopher Dale Chapman at about 6:20 a.m. Sunday from the Little River in southeast Oklahoma. Authorities say Chapman was noodling along the south bank of the river on Friday afternoon when he and another fisherman got caught in the current. Authorities say Chapman was dragged under the water, surfaced once but did not reappear. The other fisherman was able to escape. Noodling involves holding your breath under water while reaching into river bank crevices or logs to catch fish barehanded.

2. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Yet another reason I do not consider myself bait

3. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That is sad news. I pray for the ones he left behind

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thanks for this post Steve. A sport that is just so dangerous an those that take it as if it's nothing. So dangerous that's for sure.

5. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Very sad indeed! I think what bothers me most is, a guy just out to have some innocent fun and cost him his life. But, I guess when it is my turn, I hope I am doing something I love and enjoy.

6. Southern Woman

Southern Woman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Waking up dead is the best way to leave this Earth. Our grandson does this noodling with his cousins but not near a dam or swift water. They are all teenagers. It still worries us to know he does it.

7. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I don't know if anyone knows this but fishing is the most dangerous sports in the world. Belive it or not that is crazy heard that the other day on T.V.

8. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

I bet it does... At least ya know they are doing it, guess thats better than not knowing then need to find em an can't

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sorry to read of this tragic loss. Prayers for families and friends.

10. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think that Chris Chapman was the son of a close friend of mine. The friend and I had grown old together. He died of a heart attack about 1 1/2 years ago. Dennis Chapman was from Antlers. He is sorely missed.

11. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl

Oh man, thats a lot of pain and mourning for that family in such a short time frame.

They'll sure be in my thoughts for a while.