Guyandott River Catfish

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by mankind, Oct 3, 2008.

1. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    does'nt anyone here fish the guyandott river i've caught some big flatties their:embarassed:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Have never heard of it, but good luck fishing and keep us posted on them flatheads.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Bringing this back up. I can't wait to fish the Guyandotte!!! From what you've told me it sounds sweet!!!!!:wink::cool2:

There has gotta be some people that have fished it.:confused2:

4. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    i should say so ,but so far no responce:confused2:

5. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Good luck getting any replies on the WV board till around Jan.Everyone is hunting now or will be.

Myself I am dying to go fishing but the midget league football thing doesnt allow me much time.

6. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Yeah I fished the Guyandotte the other day. Didn't have any luck, but I was fishing during the day and I didn't get to go for very long. I live just a block and a half from where the Guyandotte flows into the Ohio river over by St. Marys hospital.

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Larry , never fished it but you might get a response but prob. not havent seen any posts on the guy. other than yours.

8. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    i have caught a lot of 20-30lb out of their,my biggest was 50.7lb also my brother got a 35lb and my nephew caught a 32lb they came out of same hole:wink:

9. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    What part of the Guyandotte do you fish? Is it from shore or boat? I have just fished the mouth so far.

10. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Considering going to the mouth tomorrow(today). That, or the mouth of the Mud. Haven't decided yet.
    I doubt that little bit of rain brought the Gdotte up much if any but last year(just as shallow) we got a few up Bville way. Decisions decisions....

Don, what were you using for bait??

11. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    i use a boat to fish it but i fish mostly on log jams next the the piers i don't get very far sometimes i' just up from the ramp,there is some good catfishing in their:wink:

12. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Danzig,

I was using goldfish. I usually have about 5 kinds of bait with me but I just ran out to fish for a couple hours that day and I didn't want to lug everything with me. By the way, you look familiar. I see so many people everyone looks familiar at some point (I'm a good ol UPS guy). You don't happen to work at Worldwide Equipment do you?

13. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I hit 'er Sunday with chicken liver, nightcrawlers, Cut shad, and minnows.

Truth is I was kind of looking for some Sauger, but no matter what I am fishing for I most always have a cat rod out.

Scored a couple of small stripers, had a couple of good "somethings" hung but due to equipment failure, lost 'em.

One was my fault, forgot to keep a check on my line,:embarassed: (was using a no roll slip sinker and near as I can figure it had abraided the line) and the others were due to losing the set screw for the bail on one of my spinning reels. Lost 3 to that.:sad2:

The liver and nightcrawlers were getting the bites.

Perhaps we can share a bank one of these days.
    How much beer money do you have???:wink::smile2:

14. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    i use only bluegill.i dont mind fishing boat or bank no i work for res care:wink: my mother-in-law lives in guyandotte

15. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    " i work for res care"

No kidding? My OL works for them.. small world, huh?:big_smile:

16. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    sure is iused to work for radical rehab i fished the river a lot i used to live on 27&guyan next to st marys that was 8 years ago we may have to hit the river some time:cool2:

17. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Mankind,

Do you work at the Rescare in Huntington? I deliver there every day. It's on 16st Rd.

18. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    thats home office i work in kenova

19. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Danzig,

That's funny because I fishing for cats Sunday and caught one nice channel and a saugeye. I would rather catch the cats. A lot of people like to eat Saugeyes but I prefer catfish.

20. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    At the mouth??? I got down there 'round 2, left 'round 5:30 or so..