Guy question-Razors

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by cook, Jun 26, 2007.

1. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    For those of you who shave(sorry Big George to exclude ZZTop wannabees :) )

Haven't found anything better than the Mach 3 yet,but they are getting pricey$$$ for refills(that was the plan-get'em hooked )
    Tried the new Gillette Fusion,close,but not the same.
    Nothing else close.
    Electrics are a dissapointment for me.

Chime in,whats your favorite?

Sorry ladies,but I've seen you shave,look like your attacking an anaconda with a machete in the tub"insert square smiley of cook shuddering "

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    For me nothing works better then the Gilette Fushion Power. I love this razor. I have tried them all, trust me. Skin is sensitive when it comes to shaving.

It works great on the face and my head.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I hate shaving with a passion, LOL!!! But I have tried many different kinds and the Mach3 is the best I have found as of yet!!!

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Did ya know that shaving was a sign of wealth days past. Like Bling Bling now.....It was WW1 before it became very common, King G put out all those lil shaving kits for our GI's, and it was for medical reasons not decorum. Lice; an it's a nightmare putting stiches in a whiskered face. The best shave in the world is long gone....it was sitting in the barber chair of a real pro who knew a straight razor. Try a cheaper razor; with a brush an mug soap for lather. Heat softens the whiskers. Lil tip from yer uncle Boots.
    :big_smile:

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    when absolutely forced by employers or wife to shave...

i go through a ritual step by step
    1. hot-hot shower
    2. wet towell in microwave until steaming
    3. run shaving cream can under hot water(not sure if it works or not but hey)
    4. cry like baby
    5. man up
    6. mach 3's all the way
    7. wipe shaving leftovers off face with steaming towell
    8. after shave
    9. admire fact i can get away with shadow for at least the next 2 days

6. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA

I am with you JW!! all the way!!

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I use the Mach 3 also I havnt had any problems with it unless it was dull. Try shaving in the shower thats what I do and I can get one blade to last 3 sometimes 4 times doing Head and Face. Most of the time Ill do the once over with a cheapo throwaway for my head then I will go back the opposite way with the Mach 3. I dont use aftershave and since Im in the shower I dont need to worry about a towel to wipe off the excess.

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I used my dad's straight razor until I went in the service, then a safety razor. Right after we married wife gave me a Norelco, I liked it. Later she bought my dad one. I couldn't believe it.. after 55 years of shaving with a straight razor, he never used it again.

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Braun electric for me. I used to use a Gilette back in the days when I used to shave the hard way.

10. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I've had the straight razor at the barber a few times...can't nothing beat that after a hot towel and the newest edition of Playboy or S.I.:cool2:

I've had to pass on a few that have"shakey" hands:embarassed:

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ah, yes...shaving..when i was a lad, i'd watch dad shave with that straight razor and wish i could shave. now i am sick of it and try to avoid it.

the electric shavers never worked for me. i too have sensitive skin. i tried many, as some of you, and the one that works for me is the gillette tracII. blades are a buck apiece, and getting harder to find. given that price, and the fact that i hate shaving, it is sometimes 3 to 6 days between shaves for me. the wife gets on me about looking scruffy and i then must head for the shaving cream.

if i shave every day or 2 my skin will look like it has been peeled:sad2:

while on the subject..anyone besides me run out of shaving cream and find what was thought to be a suitable substitute? trust me, lather from a soap bar DOESN'T work:crazy:

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    For those of you that hate shaving, i wold like to possibly be the first to inform you that there is a alternative. Grow a beard--Duh!!!!:0a1: Ya bunch of sissys. Why back in the day we used ta shave with a broken piece of glass, brushed our teeth with sand, walked 10 miles to school, in three ft. of snow, used hot tar fer bandaids, ate pickled skunk fer dinner and we loved it!!!:smile2:

13. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I use an electric shaver; there's nothing quite like being able to shave in a hurry without having to worry about drawing blood :wink:.

-- Rich

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Depends on what we are shaving here.

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    JW said something about his back. lol :cool2:

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

LMBO......nah, no thanks, no way. Hairy backs need HELP......good thing JW's doin' somethin' about that problem. But how EXACTLY do you know about this Matt?? Inquiring minds wanna know :confused2:.

17. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    I used to use a propane torch. Now I simply use a cordless belt sander. :wink:

Seriously, I too loved the Mach 3. But, if the powers that be want to play stupid with the price, they can play without me. Disposable razors work just fine for me.

Jon

18. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

State:
    North Central, Missouri
    When I used to shave I'd use Aveeno shave cream for sensitive skin from wal-mart, can't remeber which brand of razors though.

19. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hedge clippers...:smile2:

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Been using Gillette TracII for years but i havent been able to fid them lately,so I shitched to the funky three blade ones ,in my opinion they aint any better ,just more expensive. But i only shave during the summer anyway so i aint out much money.