guy holding the huge flathead catfish on the 09 fishing regulations pamphlet

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by brandonbtbt, May 17, 2009.

1. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    weve all seen the pamphlet with the 2009 fishing regulations..... we've all seen the huge flathead on the cover.. anyone know anything about the guy or the size of his fish???

see pic below

Attached Files:

2. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    caught on Dale Broughton's boat. weighted 57 pounds

if i'm not mistaken it was the ohio river

3. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    yep, thats right its me, no really :big_smile: it is :crazy:

4. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Yep, your right. And it was the Ohio.

5. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    thanks guys!
    did Dale Broughton catch it or a client... a guy at our local bait shop was wondering

6. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    client caught it.

i highly recommend dale by the way, he's a great guy and does his job to say the least

7. SteelWolve

SteelWolve New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guess its all a matter of opinion, I wouldnt recommend him at all. He showed up a half hour late, spent the 1st 2 hours chasing bait through 2 states, to get a 1/2 dozen big shad, and 500 2-3"ers, From the get go he was making excuses about everything, had to prod him to get him to talk about why we were doing things ( I spend the money on a charter to learn things ya know), and ended up with biggest of 5 fish being a 7lb channel:eek:oooh:. After our 8.5 hours we called it a night, he pulls up to the ramp jumps out and starts talking to a buddy, and says ok see ya. Never offered maybe a half price trip next time or even so much as a "Man im sorry tonight sucked, but you know thats why they call it FISHING not CATCHING" I know everyone has a bad day on the water but the whole time it felt like he couldnt wait to get off the boat with us. We had just fished an local tourney the night before and had 20lbs more fish than we caught with him and those were outta O'shaugnessey res. in Deleware. Dale has a BEAUTIFUL boat, and he can obviously catch some nice ones but, he quite frankly doesnt have the people skills, which I think seperates a great charter captian from the guys with the nice boats. IMO