Guts plain and simple

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Trulife, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Trulife

Trulife New Member

State:
    ID
    Net some guts from those bottom feeders. Catch them with worms. Nothing works better plain and simple. I fish with 2 poles and as soon as I started netting guts the last couple nights I couldnt stop grabbing the poles. I went out from 4:30 until 5:30 this morning and had 4 channels in the cooler and lost a few bigguns.
    Let me know what you think.

2. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ya cant beat shad guts for lil blues and channels and the big boys will even whomp it somtimes.

3. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    If it stinks or bleeds...or both, somethin will be chompin on it!

4. Trulife

Trulife New Member

State:
    ID
    now..I said I fished with sucker guts and had bites like Ive never seen on our river. It was crazy, not stop action. So I thought what the hell I will take the guts of the channels I caught and fish them.. Not a good idea. I would get a little nibble and the fish wouldnt touch it again. I dont know if those channels guts are just that nasty or what the deal is but it just wasnt the same. The difference between sucker guts and catfish guts is huge. Suckers guts are more solid as where catfish is slimy and mushy.. crazy difference. By looking at the inside of a catfish and then a sucker if you wouldnt know any better you would almost think the sucker looks cleaner and would taste better haha. Anyways food for thought, stay away from using catfish guts. And who knows...maybe the catfish know and wont eat their own kind haha.
    Let me know your take on this
    Later Fellas thanks for the replies