Gut Rig of Choice

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by orion_xxvx, Mar 14, 2008.

1. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Its pretty hard to keep guts on hook when tossing any distance. What is the setup you have found works best. (For Shad Gizzards and Liver)

2. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    take it all and stuff it inside the stomach and cut small slits in the stomach. Hook the opening of the stomach and you will not loose your bait. I use bream stomach.

3. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have used nylon stockings with some success, just cut them up in small sections and tie off the ends.

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Skipjack gizzards are pretty tough, and will stay on for a little while as long as you're not repeatedly casting.

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    pack them in some cheese cloth. works pretty well for me. i like it better than panty hose.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Go to good old walmart or a craft store and get some elastic sewin thread. Wrap it around the bait a couple times and let it rip. Works like a champ. Been usein it for years with nothin but success.

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i hook through the middle of the shad gizzard, it's like a bead. i wrap the guts around the hook shank and hook them best i can. last spring i caught a 22 pound blue and a 17 pound channel off the same gizzard, and the guts were all gone.

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I use the wal mart thread but most of the time we buy the dollar general sponge looking scrubbers that u use to take a shower with and just tear off a 3x3 piece, put the liver in it, hook it on and cast away as far as u like!!!!

9. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    CHEESE CLOTH OR PANTYHOSE WILL DO THE TRICK.PANTY HOSE A LITTLE HARDER TO GET OFF THE HOOK.