Guns and catfishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by puddle jumper, Nov 3, 2009.

Do you carry a gun when fishing??

1. Nope, Dont own one or carry

2. Always,,Go loaded

3. Only at night

4. New areas

5. Once in a while..

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I was just wondering how many of you guys carry when you are fishing??
    This should be interesting...
    I do, on new waters, and at night...:wink:
    But that not to often..
    Thanks
    Puddle

2. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    i do every time i go. theres to many thiefs and punks out there. i dont plan on gettn in a gun fight and not havn a gun. it would be really hard to shoot somebody but if there willn to shoot u i pretty sure things would be diff. and theres been a few times carryn a pistol has came in handy for snakes. and if ya break cown own ur way home and need to walk and it dark. u just never know.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009

3. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    I do sometimes depends on were I go,next year I intend to carry everytime I go.remember you cain't stop stupid,it is everwhere you go now days.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I said once in a while. I hunt and fish at the same time alot. Turkeys gobblein will make me put it to the bank quicker than a lightnin storm. I've hunted with or from a boat as much as i've fished. Never had a need for a gun as far as seld defense goes but if i was ramping around bigger cities "Thugg-ville" i would carry all the time.

5. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I always carry a pistol when I'm fishing; and when I'm not!

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Most time my boat is out, there is at least 1 pistol on board ,hope we never need it ,but if you do for what ever reason, if it,s back at the house its not going to do you any good .

7. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have shotguns to deer rifles in the boat in the fall. I carry em during hunting season when I hunt on a island up river or and goen to a bottom streach to hunt tree rats. Never had to carry one out of fear before on the river here.

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i carry when im fishing and when im not fishing,i choose not to be a victim.

9. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    always,too many meth heads hang out at the ramps where i fish.never had any problems and intend to keep it that way.

10. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I have never needed one and hope I never do,, but there are some unusal :confused2:people some times around the ramps below the dams in the evenings,,
    The ones that bother me are the ones where there is no one around though..
    Puddle

11. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    always carry , no matter where i go, way to many nut cases out there these days and seems to be gettin worse by the day

12. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Poll needs another option - Cant carry

Pretty much impossible to get a concealed carry permit in maryland, so i dont carry.
    Around here it seems like your biggest problem is when the commercial crabbers get into arguing matches over who can crab where. Once in a while a shot is fired, but its usually an intimidation more than anything. I try to give the commercial guys a wide berth. I have family who does the commercial thing, and i respect the fact that they are trying to make a living out there.

13. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    carry every now and then when going around new places espeacally but now that I got a diff. one probally every time now

14. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    nope never. I ain't afraid of the boogyman,if he does jump out he'll be sorry after the whuppin he gets from my catfish rod. I don't live in the city,and the day I feel the need to carry a gun in my everyday life situations,but I do realize that there are folks whom live and work in places that might nessesitate the carrying of a firearm,my advise is move and /or find a better living environment.I didn't vote because there is no vote for own guns but don't take them fishing.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I live and fish in Philadelphia, one of the biggest cities in our country with one of the worst crime rates in our country and have never had to pack to feel safe and to be tough.

I don't know how it is in the boonies where you live, but I would feel safer fishing in Georgia than I would in Philly.:wink:

Maybe methheads are as bad as crackheads!:smile2:

16. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    i voted nope cause I don't own a hand gun. I don't have a permit either. I want one but don't know the process to get it and a job to buy one right now.:angry:

17. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I own guns, but I don't have a concealed carry permit. Hard to get one in CA, and I shoulda got one in MN when I had the chance. I probably wouldn't go to anyplace where I thought it was needed. If I did have one and needed it the situation wouldn't be good. For those who do it, I sure hope ya don't need it, but if ya do I hope all the i's are dotted and t's crossed. Society will tear ya up for defending yourself.

Funny story about a person driving on the shoulder on the interstate, about 35 mph, flashers on, and pretty drunk. A hiway patrolman tried to stop the person and the person decided to flee, ending up crashing and dying. The press blames the trooper for the persons death.

18. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Carry? Yes. Every time I'm out. :wink:With out hearing the whole story and from what you told about the situation that is hard to believe. That person made his own mind up. Not the troopers fault. I personally wish they could stop every car that leaves a bar and give them a sobriety test. Arrest the ones that need it. It would make our roads a lot more safe and save a lot of lives.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  19. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i realize that it would get to be a hairy situation if someone had to use their gun.but as my grandfather always said i'd rather sit in jail than burn in hell.i except the consciquences.

20. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    One debate about carrying a gun is that if you have it, wear it, and or pull it on a threat then you must be prepared to use it or have it used against you. If you're not sure if you could in a dangerous situation then you shouldn't carry it. In that case it would just make things worse.