Gun show this weekend?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by derbycitycatman, Jun 13, 2008.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Anyone going to the louisville, ky national gun day show this weekend. I plan on being out there around 9-10 tomorrow morning.

2. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    hope you find a bargain. around here i can find better bargains at the gun shop than i can at the shows. you may find a bargain. most people use there disposable income to buy guns.nowdays disposable income is going in the gas tank. the guy i deal with tells me sales are way off since gas started going up.

3. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    I don't know how your gun shows are run down there, but, here I usually find the best deals with individuals walking around with their tagged guns for sale. There is talk of ending this, when they do I will no longer go because that is about the only way to get a really good deal at our shows. Have fun and I also hope you find a good bargain.

Richard

4. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY

What the heck is disposable income????? LOL

5. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Yes thats how I normally find decent deals at gun shows but sometimes you can do pretty good buying ammo and reloading supplies as well as other gun related accessories, holsters and what not. Ive got a list of supplies and what I will pay for them, some tables will bargain others wont. The bad thing about buying off individuals is you never know what you'll be able to buy. Ive got a little money just in case something catches my eye. Thinking about another pistol or sks, but who knows. I am taking my bore light though.

6. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    I can believe that, maybe I can get a better deal than normal with the high price of everything else. Ive been saving up for a while in case something interests me. Im a self proclaimed tightwad but sometimes you just have to treat your self.

7. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i am thinking about trying to find an sks. i recently shot a freind of mines sks.it was a fun gun to shoot.i use to like to shoot big stuff . large calibers in rifle and handgun.now that i have a little age on me and a lot of miles i like the ones that are fun to shoot.

8. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY

I know what you mean, I love my mini 14. I shot a Saiga .223 semi which had the same feel for a lot less $$$$ Gotta love preban clips. I get some funny looks when I tear up a sillohet target at the range with a 50 round clip. Makes for an excellent welcome sign on my front door.

Richard

9. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Just got back from the show and only bought reloading supplies and a holster for my 44 mag. 2 pounds of powder for my 44 and a pound for my 30/06. Did loan my step dad a $100 for ammo. I had to pass on a ruger markII 22 lr for $350 slab sided bull barrel 6", still kinda want it. The gun just didnt look cared for at all and thought better of it. Almost bought a Rem model 1100 12 gauge for $300 but couldnt find it again, may have been sold.