Gun shoot in west point kentucky

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by wishiwasfishin, Apr 3, 2006.

1. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    this weekend the will be a machine gun shoot in west point kentucky.if you are a gun nut this is a fun place to be.the night shoot is the best.i think there web site is www.kcr.com i'm not advertising for them i just wanted everybody that loves guns and near the area not to miss out on one heck of a time.:)

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive been to it and it was ok. Like you said the night shoot is cool. I used to belong to that gun range but quit over careless shooting practices and them just not caring about their members. Be careful if you go.

3. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    i go almost evey year and i for one think it's a great show.

4. cardfan4life

cardfan4life Guest

Knob Creek is unsafe.

5. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    i don't see where you think it unsafe.there are only about 15 range officers,a guy at every gate to keep unauthorized people out,they are not allowed to lock and load there weapon till they are on the firing line and at no time are they allowed to clear a jam if it jams then it has to stay jammed or the have to be able to get it out with the muzzle down range so i don't get it but to each his on i guess.

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    The machine gun shoot is safe, its all the other times they dont care. Ive been there and seen a guy ask permission to put out blackpowder to shoot, they said yes, it blew up in his face. They wouldnt even call an ambulance for the guy. Not smart or safe to allow others to put out explosives to shoot at unless they are experts and certified as such.

On normal days your are lucky if there is ONE range officer and he is a little slow, if you know what I mean. Seen many people allowed to walk out in the range while people were still shooting. Had one guy walk directly in my line and range officer was smoking a cig talking to someone while he was out walking around. Last year there was a guy killed out there, I dont know if it was suicide or what.

You can not place a target out in the field without everyone around you shooting at it. Told the owner and he said so what. I said I wont see you again. Then got a call about how sad he was to see me gone, I told him why I left and he hung up.

The Machine Gun Shoot is safe though but I dont trust anyone out there any other time. Ive also seen people drinking out there, sorry but to me, alcohol and guns dont mix well.

7. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    oh i really don't have a clue about the regular range time there i just go every so often to the shoot.yeah from the sound of it they do need some help and i have seen some of those slow folks your talking about but yes i think the gun shoot is very safe.

8. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    guns alkeyhaul blkpowder, smokin , suecide DUCK U SUCKERS> sounds like a hippie convention. wouldent work when i was in service , wont work now . im staying home, yall go .tell me about it okay.