gun permit

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by gatortail, Sep 7, 2009.

1. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    has anyone thought about a gun permit while fishin.you know there is an uprisein in boat muggings in the state and all over.give me ur opinions cause i got mine.

2. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I do believe in carrying a gun while enjoying the outdoors.In todays times you never know.I went through the right to carry permit course but I never sent it in.In Ky you have to go to the sheriffs office and get photographed like you are the criminal.I will probably give in one of these days but it doesn't seem right.

3. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    ur right we r the ones that suffer from other ppls acts but im like u im gonna take care of whats mine.heck its sad that u cant go out without being worried about some person trying to mug your butt.so as im sitting on the water waitin on moby i hope nothing happens u know what i mean vern lol

4. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    I believe you should protect yourself and loved ones whenever you have to. The police and law I have spoken to in the last few years seem to understand this too. It is the DA's that can be hard to convince, politics, (it sucks).

5. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Every law abiding citizen needs to carry a gun and use it when necessary. I have carried mine for years and will if necessary use it. Just remember never threaten anyone with your gun. If it comes to the point You have to pull it out use it accurately. If we do not carry the criminals are the only ones who will.

6. FirefighterBull

FirefighterBull New Member

State:
    Charlotte Tennessee
    where you gana clip the holster when your fishin in your speedo gatortail?? i tried mine and all it got me was a ticket for indecent exposure!!!!

7. bowhuntr0374

bowhuntr0374 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i alway's have mine with me! just remember that if you get a concealed carry permit or have one already it is illegal to have it concealed at all wildlife access ramp's.

8. gatortail

gatortail New Member

State:
    tennessee
    mine is a carry permit so im good lol

9. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Actually I think the state of tenn recognizes it as simply a carry permit per what i have read and understand. It simply states on the permit "handgun carry permit" and this is how it was explained to me per my instructor. The problem was that it was legal to carry it on the water but in the areas you launch because they were government owned and it was illegal. Also many bank fisherman are fishing and people launching their boats are on the right of way of TVA which also is illegal because they are considered a government contractor. With the changes made to the state park provisions this shouldn't be an issue at most places just make sure it is state owned and not a local park.

It doesn't matter to me either way. If you see me on the water I am armed and no the bullets are not locked up in one place and the gun in another. They are together like they are intended to be and most likely very close to me and my heart.

I carried before it was legal and in fashion and will carry till I die and may even have the wife chunk one in the coffin before they close it for the last time.