gun camo at home method

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by JERMSQUIRM, May 30, 2009.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    this muzzeloader is a .45 cal cva. got it a few years ago for $49 on clearence.

it had some rust on barrel after it sat in the case behind my truck seat for a few weeks. so i decided to camo it. it is a deer gun anyways and i dont want to be seen so heres what i did.

took krylon fusion kaki and olive and satin green and flat black paint.

dissambeled gun entirely. put a towel in the reciever and around trigger assembly to keep paint out and taped over scope ends.

rubbed with rough brillo and cleaned with ammoina windex.

start with darkest color first (olive) and then kaki blended in from top down 1/2 way. in nature light colors at top and shadows blend in towards bottom of objects.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    then laid fake leaves over the stock and sprayed over them with various colors starting with light to olive to flat black. never use gloss it will shine. one leaf was real from an evergreen bush. created a great effect.

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    did the scope and barrel in the same fashion. this paint is very fast dry about 15 min or less. so it doesnt take long. then re assembled gun.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    the final result turned out great. even did the sling. this bad boy looks like a military sniper rifle now lol. ready for the whitetails. did the ram rod as well.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Gret job,Jeremy. Very professional looking.:cool2:

6. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
  7. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i tried to camo an old metal tackle box once ,didnt come out as nice as your rifle did great job!

8. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Good job and thanks for sharing.