gummy worms

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by hawgmaster, Nov 13, 2009.

1. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    i was sitting back relaxing eating a bag of gummy worms while BSing with the misses when all of a sudden i thought struck my mind. as i looked into the bag i wondered if these would work for bass fishing and if it was ever tried by anyone else. i know they have a sent to them and wondered if it attracted them or not. now i know some do get smashed or bent up pretty bad in the bag but there are some straight ones and you can find some with the end with a slight bend to it that would give it that lil twist through the water.

have you ever tried to use these as bait or even thought of it? if you have tried it what was your experience useing them and how did you do?

2. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    you may be on to something .I can see now 10 $$ a bag.

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I would probably eat them all before I got to use them....lmao...I bet ya 10$ a channel cat would eat them things..:smile2:

4. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    lol ya i know what you mean!! i can just see it now the new and improved channel bait! pullin em in left n right and get asked, man what you useing for bait! laugh and reply gummy worms lmao!

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    In the 80's gave them a serious try.....outcome...don't work worth a crap for some reason...lol jmo....:smile2:

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    One time abut 10 years ago fishing a farm pond with a friend and his little girl, she had a bag, gave me one and I caught a 13-14" LM on it right away but then couldnt get another bite after that, yeah, they do work, but the gulp Power worms have better elasticity and taste!

Salmonid

7. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    maybe they would like the sour gummies more flavor :eek:oooh::big_smile: i even like em

8. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    well, bluegills and trout love'em i havent tried them on cats or bass, the lake i was fishing doensnt very many bass but the have a lot of cats and the got some hard hits on them but i dont know if it was a bg or a cat...I might have to do that this year, ill have to buy like 5 bags, 4 for me 1 for bait:smile2::smile2:.lmao at walmart in the check outs they used to i havent been to wally world for a while but the used to sell them in these little tubs that look like bait containers foe under a dollar so id be a pretty cheap bait if you can kkep out of your mouith on the way to the fishing hole!!!lol:smile2::smile2:

9. Kevin G

Kevin G New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Never quite tried using gummy worms, but i have heard several people tell me they caught bluegills on chewing gum.

10. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi

i have thought about it...but.. i think id prolly eat it before i got it out in the water :sad2::sad2: they're just way to yummy!

11. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi

my brother has caught those wth dog poo!!! lol!!! not lying one bit!

12. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    :embarassed::eek:oooh::crazy:

13. Thad

Thad New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Did you bait his hook for him?
    :smile2:

14. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi

haha...no :eek:oooh:

15. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i bet you could get a bullhead to eat one:smile2:, also i just got a oscar to eat one.:big_smile: