Gummy Worms - Gelatin based baits

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Eddie Mullins, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    OK - I have heard a few mention using gummy worms before.. how many have done this and what were the results? Any flavors/types better than others? and how were you fishing them?

If this works, cutomized gelatin based baits like this would not be hard to make at home, and you could add flavorings of your choice to them. One easy way would be to just make using a jello pack and reduce the amount of water added, kind of like making jigglers, except even firmer. Gummy worms are made using corn starch molds, you could pour about any shape you wanted, or just pour in a pan then cut as desired.

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i couldnt use those cause id eat every one of those suckers:wink:

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I heard a guy swear by them in the chat room. He used them on juglines though?

4. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    I think I'd be hittin em harder than the fish would :smile2:

5. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    Ok - you guys aren't much help other than now I know you have a sweet tooth :smile2: . Come to think of it, if I used them when my kids were with me I would probably need to bring a bunch extra though so maybe that was a little helpful :smile2: .

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I had the brainy idea to try them a few years ago on jugs and limb lines,,, they disolve in the water pretty fast,, not worth a hoot in my opinion,,, they do make good snacks.