Gulp maggots

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by tufffish, Jun 22, 2007.

1. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    have any of you used the gulp worms or maggots. i just bought a bottle to try and will tell all how they work as soon as we get a break in the rain. i am gonna try lake livinston next week. i used to catch a lot and some big ones there years ago.

2. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Bobby, I bought some to try after hearing good things from friends who used them. I have not had time to try them but hope to in the next couple of weeks. Let you know how they work and you do the same.
    Bill

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yes, they work well. We used em at the National last year and Madison caught her first Bluegills with em.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think you will like them. They do a good job in the midwest. I would not go gill fishing without them. I have even tipped jigs when fishing for crappie, and they worked fine. :lol::smile2:

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Get you a bottle of the little 'Crappie Bites' too. Both have worked pretty well for me, but not as well as live maggots.

6. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    I have used them with good results. I do not leave home without live bait but I keep the gulp products in my box too. Oh I used them on Toledo Bend.

7. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    2 weeks ago i saw a little kid slayin em right and left with gulp maggots... seems like its worth a try

8. Redb

Redb New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I 've tried them but they don't seem to work as well as the real thing.

9. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    live bait always seems to work much better . they work best if you can really put them right in front of their face cause they don tear off right away. i once caught ten sunnies on one of them things

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Personally my mom told me never to Gulp my maggots.She felt gulping them demonstrated a disticnt lack of table manners and was rude.She said that by gulping and rushing your maggots that you would be embarassing folks that didnt have maggots and you would appear to be sefish and not wanting to share your maggots with the less fortunate.:crazy:.She felt a slow measured mastication of your food regardless of what it was,resulted in better digestion and better health.I never went against my mothers advice and even to this day I slowly chew my maggots and my digestion is fine.:big_smile::eek:oooh::smile2:I have never tried Berkely Maggots though and if they proved to be particularly tasty or came in different flavors I might increase my mastication rate.!!!!!!

11. jeffnsa

jeffnsa New Member

State:
    texas
    i use the gulp earthworms for panfish and they work all right.