Gulp Cutbait???

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by photocat, Feb 21, 2006.

1. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    I was walking through Dicks sporting goods the other day and noticed berkley's line of gulp baits. They have some for saltwater including a herring flavor cut bait (basically a sheet thats 3x6 or so of their nonplastic with the herring flavor). Now i know most of you out there hate using artifical baits but im wondering if this stuff works? I'm almost tempted to go back and buy a pack ($7) and just keep it in my bag w/ my DK too just incase im not able to get to the store or can't seem to catch any bait...

Has anyone tried it yet?

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I haven't seen it, if you think it will catch something try it.

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    nope havent used or seen it at my store bro. do use the worms to catch bait though.

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have found it a very good idea to chew your cut bait at least 20 times before swallowing never gulp it.Proper mastication ensures that sufficient salvia is mixed with the bait in order to enhance digestion.;) :)

5. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I saw a fishing show on the satelite. They outcaught live bait with it. Now there were sponsors involved and they may be as honest as lawyers, but they sure netted a bunch of fish. I am planning on buying some, just as soon as the water warms.

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I seen it. Have not heard anything good about it. Its nothing that I would use outside of fishing a small pond. Its a processed version of the real thing IMO like liver. Nothing I would recommend.

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Jim, ya just ain't right, just ain't right

I've never seen those baits, but, might be interesting to try on a slow day.

8. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    I've tried them before and I caught a 4 pound gar and a 3 pound striper.
    I would probaly go with the real thing.

9. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    iv seen them use these "sheets" of it on TV befor once. What they used them for is cut off a small piece and used them like a trailer for a jig, added scent i guess

10. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    ok so far in all my tests... 0 fish, 0 bites, 0 anything...