Gulp Baits

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by NODAKCARPER, May 14, 2006.

1. NODAKCARPER

NODAKCARPER New Member

State:
    NORTH DAKOTA
    Has anyone used these as deadbaits or cut baits? I know tehy make a shrimp for saltwater use.

2. illnoize

illnoize New Member

State:
    illinois
    I tried the gulp liver and it worked ok. I caught 3 fish and lost a few. cut it in half cause the bait is rubbery. I won't buy it again though.

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I have had no luck with the liver. I was fishing another rod with dip bait and I was getting hits on it. Nothing so much as brushed up agaist the rod with the gulp bait on it. I will not be buying it again. I've heard good things about stuff for other species, but IMO the catfish stuff is junk.

4. KanHeadhunter

KanHeadhunter New Member

State:
    S. E. K.
    I use the red worms to catch bluegills with, it does a pretty good job.

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    They fun thing about the gulp is the liver one does not even look like liver, it looks mor elike a small hot dog. I am not a believer in it. Best to go with what you know works best.

6. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    So Far I Only Good Thing That I Can Say About Any Of The Gulp Baits Is That They Are Enviromentally Friendly, As They Are Biodegradeable And Non Toxic To The Fish If Ingested.

In Comparison To Other Artificial Baits, I.E. Rubber Worms Etc., I Would Say That It Is Great In That Respect;However I'm Still not Buying Any,Elliot

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I took two poles out with me today. One was rigged with zippers dippers with premo dip bait and the other i had rigged with a hook and a piece of liver gulp bait. I let it sit and sit and sit. Nothing happened. I was pulling out small channels with my dip bait. I finally changed out the gulp liver for dip bait and ended up catching 6 small fish.... No thanks to the Gulp Bait thats for sure.

8. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I bought some on clearance,same effect as these other bros nothing touched it,Give me real liver and some string costs less and works.