gulp baits for catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by snakeman76, Jul 19, 2009.

1. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Has anybody tried the gulp shad for catfish? What about gulp shrimp?These are good baits for other species of fish but does anybody try artificals for cats? If so what?

2. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    havent tried it for cats but gulp works just as well as cut bait for flounder so you never know?

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i wouldn't see why not, i've used the gulp for bass and that stuff does have some stink to it:wink:

4. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I am kinda curious what the big cats would think of those gulp shad?

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I tried the gulp livers.I kept them on hand until I knew they were biting good on my regular chicken livers,I coudn,t buy a bite on em,nice and neat,just weren,t getting no hits.IMO-Contrary to all their advertising,Gulp doesn,t outfish the real thing.:eek:oooh:

6. hct236

hct236 Well-Known Member

State:
    virginia

I have tried with limited success. But to be fair, they were not hitting much else that day either, Will try again.

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    my father had some of the gulp liver and has never even had a cat sniff at it.maybe the other will work better but not sure id want to chance wasting my money or not.But you dont know until you try either so if you do let us know how it works for you.