Gulp Bait - Has anyone ever used this kinda bait before?

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by IL Hunter, Apr 27, 2006.

1. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I just picked up a package of Gulp in liver scent anybody had any experience with these new baits, and do they really outfish actual livers such?

2. OBXterraSC

OBXterraSC New Member

State:
    NC (Fort Sill, OK right now)
    I've heard the Gulp bait get a lot of praise on some other fishing reports. Especially the saltwater stuff. I got some of the Gulp worms yesterday, but haven't tried them yet.

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I Don't Know About You But I've Supported Enough Big Companies Executives With All Their Claims To Fame & Rewards Of Sucess.

Until I Hear From Someone On The BOC, I'll Hold Off !!;) , Elliot

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    If it works that would be neat, but time will tell I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'll definitely post my results though.

5. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    yes, i have used them. and had absolutley no luck with them. as with most artificial bait...save your money. nothing beats real chicken livers, cut bait, live bait.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with Tanner 100 percent.

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I tried it out today. I had not so much as a nibble. I was having more luck with dip bait. I would advise people save their money on it.

8. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    I'm Glad You Replied, Rather Positive Or Negative, Because That's What a Group Like This Does. By Doing Our Own Field Testing We Can Either Validate Or Discredit Someone Else's False Or Overinflated Claims.

Kinda Gets The B/S Outta The Picture A Little Quicker ;) Elliot

9. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have tried them too. No bites yet, but bite has been slow on all. I like that they are tough and you cant cast them off. I think I have been had again tho. I bought one of everything my local wally world carried and so far my Powerbait Blood is the clear leader. Even over cured livers. Will have to see as the season plays out

10. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    thanks for posting your results! very thorough of you! ;)

11. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Very Interesting, I Have In Fact Caught Fish On Powerbait Blood, As A Matter Of Fact It's The Only Powerbait I've Caught Anything On.

I Haven't Caught Enough Fish On It To Warrant Buying Anymore, So Far I've Caught More Fish On My BR's Punch Bait Than Anything. About 3 Weeks Ago I Finally Decided To Take All Of The Crap That I Bought That Hasn't Produced & Use It For Chum Under Fifteen Juglines.

Long Story Short, I Caught One Nice Bullhead About 3Lbs, Let Me Add That This Was @ Night. Next Day, Same Area, I Caught 4 Nice Channels Using Dipbait & Dead Shiners. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , Elliot

12. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    I fish in a hit or miss manner. I have almost finished a bottle of blood and a bottle of cheese punch bait. my results? catfish and bA$$ on live shiners/shad/hotdogs, punch bait nothing, not even a bite. I am using Looper rigs which do a good job (only thing that works) holdin the bait but Real food is the only thing that has worked for me!
    Oh, the live hotdogs was a typo. no they were not live!!! just the shiners and the shad LOL

13. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I bought some of the Berkley GULP Maggots to catch Bluegill for bait. Work GREAT for me. Had no trouble whatsoever catching one after another.:thumbsup:

14. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've got another 11 pieces of the liver gulp and I'll be trying it out. If for reason it starts to work I'll let everyone know what I was doing differently.

15. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    If you use muslin/cheesecloth with them you don't lose your bait as frequently. I have had mixed results with the Gulp. When I need a change up when the cats are "used to the usual then I'll throw out a decent doughbait to mix it up. I caught a pretty nice channel cat the other night on a combo (chicken Liver and Berkley blood scent catfish powerbait.) So As far as the manufacturers claims are concerned...Beware, use yur own judgement when to use.) Thanks for listening to my morning ramblings... Whent cattin' last night with the Ol' Lady!

16. illnoize

illnoize New Member

State:
    illinois
    well I guess im the minority here.. I have caught a few cats of them but will not buy them again because the baits very rubbery and I lost a few fish at the bank cause of poor hook sets.

17. JamesRiverFlats

JamesRiverFlats New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have never had much luck with the stuff in freshwater, but I have caught some fish in saltwater. I wouldn't recommend the stuff, but Hopefully you will have better luck than me.

18. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Well I have 10 out of 12 pieces left. I left a rod in the water for 2 hours whiel I fished for bluegill and I did not have a single hit. I'm wondering if that pond had no catfish or if the stuff is junk.

19. bud_rabon

bud_rabon New Member

State:
    Alabama
    gULP has great bass lures. Never tried the false livers. I ;believe stick you the real stuff

20. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I have tried both the Gulp and Powerbait in Liver, several nibbles > 0 fish. After hanging out on the BOC, I have the light rods rigged for 'gill and plan on getting a casting net soon.

:crazy: