gulp alive???

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by massa_jorge, May 13, 2008.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    has anybody used this? is it better than the origianl gulp? i was thinking about using it on a jig for walleye or sand bass, just don't want to spend the money if i don't have to. thanks!

2. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I've tried the GULP! chunks in chicken and blood flavors, and I haven't had even the slightest nibble on them. I think that they are crap myself. After three attempts to catch something on them, I just took the contents of the packs and threw them in the water. Maybe they'd work as chum, don't know, I haven't been back to fish that spot yet.

I haven't tried the Alive yet, although I was at a Wal-Mart that had the nightcrawlers on clearance for $1.00 (black color), so I bought the last two jars they had. Haven't tried them yet, but I'll tell you, after trying the other stuff, I don't have a whole lot of confidence in them. The 2008 Catfish Insider had a good article on these new baits from several different companies.

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i dunno about those whatchacallem fish, but i do know that the gulp shrimp are killers on the reds, flounder, and specks down here. most of the tackle shops stay sold out of the 3" versions in the three best colors. they are expensive, but prolly worth a try. then again, most stuff like that has never produced for me. other than the gulp shrimp.

4. catfishindaddy

catfishindaddy New Member

State:
    California
    Not to sure about the Gulp Alive, I have been getting alot of bites from both Cats and trout off of the Gulp Earthworms (brown)

Have not been using anything to enhance them. Just using the Gulp Earthworms.

5. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Yep, Gulp baits are the "Go To" baits for inshore fish like the reds, Sea trout and Flounder. Almost everyone of the members of the Kayak fishing club I belong to uses it.

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I have used the gulp bait some before I never had no luck with it at lakes and stuff but one of my buddies pond ive caught some channels out of it on it, when you get it let us know how it works for ya.

7. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Well, I finally managed to take a day off and hit the local city lake. It's got lots of channels up to about 10lbs, and there have been more than a few 20lb flatheads taken out of it, not to mention the 60lb snapping turtle I caught about 8 years ago. Tons of bass, bluegills, and they stock trout as well. I've got them all before on nightcrawlers, live shiners, and chicken liver (yes, even the bass). I was there for 3 hours this afternoon with my 3 yr old, and we didn't get a single peck on the GULP Nightcrawlers. The guys on either side of us were catching gills and trout like crazy on red worms and live crawlers. That just re-affirms to me that the GULP isn't what it's hyped up to be. I definitely won't waste my money on it anymore, at least for fishing in my area.